- The report contains detailed information about GuocoLeisure Limited. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GuocoLeisure Limited.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GuocoLeisure Limited. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GuocoLeisure Limited. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GuocoLeisure Limited. business.
About GuocoLeisure Limited.
GuocoLeisure Limited operates as an investment company in Singapore.
The companys business segments include Investment, Oil and Gas, Property Development, Hotels, and Gaming.
Investment: This segment includes the companys interests in listed and other investments, and management of the business segments.
Oil and gas: This segment includes the companys interest in the Bass Strait oil and gas royalty stream.
Property development: This segment includes the development of land and properties on Fijian and Hawaiian islands for residential and tourism purposes.
Hotels: This segment includes the companys interest in the Thistle chain of hotels in the United Kingdom.
Gaming: This segment includes the companys interest in the casino betting operations in the United Kingdom.
The company primarily operates in Australasia, Asia, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
The companys development properties, which are wholly owned, are located in the United States of America, being the 60,000+ acre land parcel on Molokai island in Hawaii and in Fiji, being the 650 acre Denarau Island Resort in Western Viti Levu. The properties are under development for residential and tourism purposes.
The company focuses on various investments, namely Guoman Hotels, Clermont Leisure, Molokai Properties, Bass Strait Oil & Gas Royalty and Denarau Properties.
Guoman Hotels is the companys primary investment. The company operates 39 hotels (8,700 rooms) in the United Kingdom, 17 owned and leased and 22 hotels under management contracts. The owned and leased hotels are predominantly in London where it has approximately 5,900 rooms.
Clermont Leisure (U.K.) Limited is the companys investment in the United Kingdom casino gaming industry. The company owns the Clermont Club. Clermont Leisure had secured 3 casino licenses and there are a further 24 Certificates of Consent which are progressing through various stages of planning approvals and licensing hearings.
The company focuses on implementation of Molokai Properties Master Plan, agreed with Molokai community in 2006 following an island-wide 3-year community-led process. It also sold a major agricultural parcel to Monsanto.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary Tabua Investments Limited, completed the construction of the new 270 room Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island and the Port Denarau retail & commercial centre. The Radisson Resort Fiji was officially opened to public guests on 30 June 2007.
The company has established a wholly-owned subsidiary Guoman Hotel Management (Beijing) Co. Ltd., whose primary activity is to provide hotel management services and hotel management consultancy services.
GuocoLeisure Limited was founded by Ronald Brierley in 1961. The company was formerly known as BIL International Limited and changed its name to GuocoLeisure Limited in October 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GuocoLeisure Limited. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GuocoLeisure Limited. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GuocoLeisure Limited. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GuocoLeisure Limited. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GuocoLeisure Limited. Industry Position Analysis
6. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GUOCOLEISURE LIMITED. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GuocoLeisure Limited. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GuocoLeisure Limited. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GuocoLeisure Limited. Major Shareholders
GuocoLeisure Limited. History
GuocoLeisure Limited. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GuocoLeisure Limited. Offices and Representations
GuocoLeisure Limited. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GuocoLeisure Limited. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GuocoLeisure Limited. Capital Market Snapshot
GuocoLeisure Limited. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
GuocoLeisure Limited. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GuocoLeisure Limited. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GuocoLeisure Limited. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GuocoLeisure Limited. 1-year Stock Charts
GuocoLeisure Limited. 5-year Stock Charts
GuocoLeisure Limited. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GuocoLeisure Limited. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GuocoLeisure Limited. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?