- The report contains detailed information about Choice Hotels International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Choice Hotels International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Choice Hotels International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Choice Hotels International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Choice Hotels International Inc. business.
About Choice Hotels International Inc.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. operates as a hotel franchisor worldwide. The company had 6,021 hotels open and 843 hotels under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development, as of December 31, 2009, representing 487,410 rooms open and 66,585 rooms under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in 49 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 40 countries and territories outside the United States.
The company franchises lodging properties under the following proprietary brand names: Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, Sleep Inn, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Cambria Suites, and Ascend Collection.
Cambria Suites: Cambria in-room amenities include luxury bedding, stereo with CD player, cordless phone, and mini-refrigerator with microwave. Principal competitor brands include Courtyard by Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn.
Ascend Collection: The Ascend Collection brand includes 21 properties. Principal competitors include Sterling Hotels, Summit Hotel & Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels, and Historic Hotels of America.
Comfort Inn: Comfort Inn and Comfort Inn and Suites hotels operate in the mid-scale without food and beverage category. Comfort offers the complimentary Comfort Sunshine Breakfast and Internet access. Principal competitor brands include Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn and LaQuinta.
Comfort Suites: Comfort Suites hotels operate in the upper portion of the mid-scale without food and beverage category. The brand competes with Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn and Country Inn & Suites.
Sleep Inn: Sleep Inn is a construction brand that operates in the lower end of the mid-scale without food & beverage category. Sleep Inns principal competitors include Microtel and La Quinta.
Clarion: Clarion hotels provide a range of full-service facilities and amenities, which include restaurant, conference, banquet or small meeting facilities, business center, swimming pool or exercise room, room service and bell service. Principal competitor brands include Four Points by Sheraton and Radisson.
Quality: Quality Inn hotels offer accommodations in the mid-scale category. Amenities and services include a Q Corner Breakfast, Internet access, a swimming pool and/or an exercise room, free USA Today or Wall Street Journal newspaper and meeting or event space. Principal competitor brands include Best Western and Ramada.
MainStay Suites: All MainStay guests suites feature Internet access, kitchens with a two-burner range, dishes, utensils, dishwasher, sink with disposal, microwave, and refrigerator. MainStay competes with Studio Plus, TownePlace Suites, Sierra Suites, and Candlewood Suites.
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel: Suburban Extended Stay Hotel suites provide kitchens, Internet connections, and access to on-site laundry facilities. Principal competitor brands include Extended Stay Hotels and Sun Suites.
Econo Lodge: Econo Lodge is a brand in the economy chain scale category. The brand competes primarily with Days Inn and Super 8.
Rodeway Inn: Rodeway Inn is a brand also operating in the economy chain scale category. Principal competitor brands include Travelodge and Motel 6.
International Franchise Operations
The company conducts its international franchise operations through a combination of direct franchising and master franchising relationships which allow the use of its brands by third parties in foreign countries. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1,115 franchise hotels open and operating in approximately 30 countries and territories outside of the United States.
In March 2010, Choice Hotels International Inc. announced that the Cambria Suites hotel in Fort Lauderdale/Dania Beach, Florida has opened.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Choice Hotels International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Choice Hotels International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Choice Hotels International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Choice Hotels International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Choice Hotels International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Choice Hotels International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Choice Hotels International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Choice Hotels International Inc. Major Shareholders
Choice Hotels International Inc. History
Choice Hotels International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Choice Hotels International Inc. Offices and Representations
Choice Hotels International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Choice Hotels International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Choice Hotels International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Choice Hotels International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Choice Hotels International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Choice Hotels International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Choice Hotels International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Choice Hotels International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Choice Hotels International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Choice Hotels International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Choice Hotels International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Choice Hotels International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?