- The report contains detailed information about China Lodging Group, Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Lodging Group, Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Lodging Group, Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Lodging Group, Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Lodging Group, Limited business.
About China Lodging Group, Limited
China Lodging Group, Limited operates an economy hotel chain in China. The company mainly utilizes a lease-and-operate model, under which it directly operates hotels that are located in prime locations of selected cities.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 236 hotels in 39 cities in China. With an additional 144 hotels under development, its hotel network covers 63 cities in 20 provinces and municipalities across China. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 173 leased-and-operated hotels and 63 franchised-and-managed hotels. In addition, the company had 21 leased-and-operated hotels and 123 franchised-and-managed hotels under development.
The company offers three hotel products that are designed to target distinct groups of customers. Its products include HanTing Express Hotel, HanTing Seasons Hotel, and HanTing Hi Inn.
HanTing Express Hotel
These hotels are located in areas close to major business and commercial districts. These hotels have lobbies with complimentary wireless Internet access and laser printers, and a cafe serving breakfast and meals. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 224 HanTing Express Hotels in operation and an additional 131 HanTing Express Hotels under development.
HanTing Seasons Hotel
HanTing Seasons Hotels are located in city centers or central business districts. These hotels target mid-level corporate managers and owners of small and medium enterprises between the age of 30 and 40. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 10 HanTing Seasons Hotels in operation and an additional 6 HanTing Seasons Hotels under development.
HanTing Hi Inn
HanTing Hi Inn hotels target budget-constrained travelers between the age of 20 and 30, such as new college graduates and backpackers. As of December 31, 2009, the company had two HanTing Hi Inn hotels in operation and an additional seven HanTing Hi Inn hotels under development.
The company entered into an agreement with Xian Fukai Hotel Co., Ltd., a joint venture partner, to acquire the noncontrolling interest in HanTing Fukai Hotel Management Co., Ltd., one of its majority-owned joint ventures.
The company also has non controlling interest in two majority-owned joint ventures, Beijing Dongfang Ruijing Hotel Management Co., Ltd. and Shanghai Guancheng Hotel Management Co., Ltd.
The companys main competitors include Home Inns, Jinjiang Inn, Motel 168, and 7 Days Inn.
China Lodging Group, Limited was incorporated in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Lodging Group, Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Lodging Group, Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Lodging Group, Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Lodging Group, Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Lodging Group, Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA LODGING GROUP, LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Lodging Group, Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Lodging Group, Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Lodging Group, Limited Major Shareholders
China Lodging Group, Limited History
China Lodging Group, Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Lodging Group, Limited Offices and Representations
China Lodging Group, Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Lodging Group, Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Lodging Group, Limited Capital Market Snapshot
China Lodging Group, Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
China Lodging Group, Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Lodging Group, Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Lodging Group, Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Lodging Group, Limited 1-year Stock Charts
China Lodging Group, Limited 5-year Stock Charts
China Lodging Group, Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Lodging Group, Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Lodging Group, Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?