- The report contains detailed information about Canterbury Park Holding Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canterbury Park Holding Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canterbury Park Holding Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canterbury Park Holding Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canterbury Park Holding Corp. business.
About Canterbury Park Holding Corp.
Canterbury Park Holding Corporation engages in the pari-mutuel wagering and card games operations in Minnesota. The companys pari-mutuel wagering operations include both wagering on live thoroughbred and quarter horse races at the Racetrack and wagering on races held at out-of-state racetracks that are televised simultaneously at the Racetrack (simulcasting). It also provides related services and activities, such as concessions, parking, advertising, admissions, programs, a recreational vehicle park, and other entertainment events held at the Racetrack.
The companys segments include Horse Racing, Card Room, and Concessions.
Horse Racing Operations
This segments operations consist of year-round pari-mutuel wagering on simulcast horse races (simulcasting) and live thoroughbred and quarter horse races (live meets) held on a seasonal basis beginning in May and generally concluding in August or September.
Live Racing: In 2009, the Racetrack hosted 62 days of live racing beginning May 15th and concluding August 30th. The meet included 42 days of mixed thoroughbred and quarter horse racing and 20 days of thoroughbred only racing.
Simulcasting: Simulcasting is the process by which live horse races held at one facility (the host track) are transmitted simultaneously to other locations that allow patrons at each receiving location (the guest track) to place wagers on races transmitted from the host track. Monies are collected at the guest track and the information with respect to the total amount wagered is electronically transmitted to the host track. All of the amounts wagered at guest tracks are combined into the appropriate pools at the host track with the final odds and payouts determined upon the monies in the respective pools.
The company offers full card simulcast racing (broadcasting of another racetracks entire daily live racing program) from approximately 20 racetracks per day, 7 days a week, 363 days per year, including Churchill Downs, Hollywood Park, Santa Anita, Gulfstream Park, Belmont Park, and Saratoga Racecourse. In addition, races of national interest, such as the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, the Belmont Stakes, and Breeders Cup, supplement the regular simulcast program. The company evaluates its agreements with other racetracks to offer the major simulcast signals of live horse racing that are feasible.
Card Room Operations
This segment represents operations of the card room, which offers two variations of unbanked card games, including poker and table games.
Poker games, including Texas Hold Em, 7-Card Stud and Omaha are offered in the poker room. A dealer, employed by the company, regulates the play of the game at each table and deals the cards but does not participate in play. In poker games, the company is allowed to deduct a percentage from the accumulated wagers and impose other charges for hosting the activity but does not have an interest in the outcome of a game. The company may add additional prizes, awards or money to any game for promotional purposes. In addition, poker games offer progressive jackpots for most games.
This segment represents food and beverage services for simulcast and live racing, the card room and during special events.
Special Events: While pari-mutuel horse racing and Card Room operations are the companys principal businesses, its facilities are capable of being used for multiple purposes. While the use of the companys facilities for particular special events and purposes varies from year to year, the following are among the types of events and purposes for which its facilities have been used: snowmobile races, major arts and crafts shows, trade shows, concerts, fundraisers, automobile shows and competitions, vehicle and boat storage and private parties.
The companys primary market is the seven-county Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area plus the two counties to the south of the Racetrack.
Canterbury Park Holding Corporation was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canterbury Park Holding Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canterbury Park Holding Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANTERBURY PARK HOLDING CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Major Shareholders
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. History
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Offices and Representations
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?