- The report contains detailed information about Canlan Ice Sports Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canlan Ice Sports Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canlan Ice Sports Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canlan Ice Sports Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canlan Ice Sports Corp. business.
About Canlan Ice Sports Corp.
Canlan Ice Sports Corp (Canlan or the Company) started in 1956 as Burrard Mortgage Investments Ltd., adopting the Canlan name in 1978. The Company is engaged in ice sports facility ownership, operations and programming. The Company is a private sector owner and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in the world and currently owns and/or manages 20 facilities with 56 sheets of ice in Canada and the United States. The Companyas flagship facility is the world's major recreational ice rink facility, Burnaby 8 Rinks in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
Canlan Ice Sports Corp has primarily sold its branded programs and products to the consumer through its own network of ice sports facilities, but has expanded its distribution in 2002 to a select group of premier level satellite facilities in North America.
The Companys brand portfolio covers six market sectors - hockey development, skating development, youth leagues, adult leagues, multi-sport day camps and sports tournaments.
ASHL (Adult Safe Hockey League)
Canlan Ice Sports is home to the Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL), the major adult recreational hockey league in the world. By offering an unequalled mix of sport, safety and organization, the ASHLTM has grown to a player base of over 36,000 members on more than 1,800 teams across Canada and the United States and is presently being offered through qualified satellite ice facilities throughout North America.
Youth Hockey League
The Youth Hockey League (YHL), a product of Canlan Ice Sports, is offered at all of its facilities across Canada and many in the U.S. The YHL is brought to the customers in part by the Coca-Cola Corporation and is a professionally operated youth league that gives children the option to play hockey when their sanctioned minor leagues are on a break. By operating in a less intense manner than the 3 on 3 League, the YHL offers both boys and girls, from Paperweight to Midget (17 & Under), a great league experience with an extra helping of fun.
Youth 3 On 3 Hockey League - The Fastest Game on Ice!
The Youth 3 on 3 Hockey League is currently offered at many of the companys facilities across Canada. The 3 on 3 League is fast paced and compliments minor hockey organizations and league programs as it provides players with a challenging and unique game of hockey. Every player receives equal ice time, and lots of it, so it is recommended for intermediate house league (2 years) to AAA level players. Since its birth in 2001, at the companys Oakville location, the 3 on 3 Youth League has catapulted from 250 participants to 1258 in only 1 year!
Canlan Ice Sports Hockey Academy
The Canlan Ice Sports Hockey Academy is currently offered at every Canlan operated facility in Canada and the United States and was created to provide its customers with a menu of hockey development programs that help pre-school and school aged children, as well as adults to progress from beginner levels through to advanced.
Camp Canlan is the branded name for all single or multi-day camps at any of the Canlan Ice Sports facilities. Camp Canlan encompasses summer hockey camps, multi-sport camps, specialty camps, holiday camps, and Teacher Work Day camps that offer participants to a package of on-ice and outdoor activities. Camp Canlan has been widely successful throughout Eastern Canada and has been introduced in the companys Western Canadian and United States facilities.
Canlan Ice Sports Skating Academy
The Canlan Ice Sports Skating Academy offers a menu of programs that have been developed to teach all ages the basics of skating in a manner that channels participants into either the Figure Skating or Ice Hockey programming. The Canlan Ice Sports Skating Academy can guide any aspiring hockey player, through the basics of skating before placing them in the more robust programs of the Canlan Ice Sports Hockey Academy.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canlan Ice Sports Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canlan Ice Sports Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANLAN ICE SPORTS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Major Shareholders
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. History
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Offices and Representations
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canlan Ice Sports Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?