- The report contains detailed information about Boyds Collection Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Boyds Collection Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Boyds Collection Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Boyds Collection Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Boyds Collection Ltd. business.
About Boyds Collection Ltd.
The Boyds Collection, Ltd. engages in the design, import, and distribution of hand-crafted collectibles, gift, and other specialty products. The company sells its products through a network of approximately 11,000 store locations comprising independent gift and collectibles retailers, premier department stores, selected catalogue retailers, restaurant chains, and other drug, grocery and retail channels.
The company operates three retail locations Boyds Bear Countrya - Gettysburg, Boyds Bear Country a - Pigeon Forge, and My Boyds Bear at FAO Schwarz. The companys products are sourced from foreign manufacturers in China through buying agencies. The company operates international subsidiaries in Canada and the United Kingdom. In November 2005, the company opened a personalization shop in FAO Schwartzs New York Flagship store.
The company operates its business in two segments - wholesale gift business and retail gift/entertainment business. It operates retail locations in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, and New York, New York.
The company offers various product lines including plush bears to other plush animals, such as hares, moose, and cats, and resin figurines and other products.
The plush animal category consists of both dressed and non-dressed animals, most of which are jointed with sewn-in joints for arms, legs and heads. The plush animal category encompasses approximately 400 different items, ranging from 2.5 inches miniatures to 40 inches animals.
Boyds non-dressed plush animal lines include the Huggle-Fluffs, the Artisan Series, J.B. Bean & Associates, the Archive Collection, and ornaments. The major product in the plush category is Boyds T.J.s Best Dressed, the Boyds T.J.s Best Dressed line, characterized by jointed bears, cats, moose, and other animals dressed in stylish, hand-sewn outfits. In 2004, the company added an extension to the line called Heart to Heart.
In 2003, the company introduced its Bears & Friends line which is an everyday plush line targeted at children. Animals in the plush animal category are made of various materials with outer coverings ranging from acrylic plush to custom-dyed chenille and wool.
Boyds resin figurine category consists of the main collection, Bearstones, and sub-collections, Dollstones, Charming Angels, Shoebox Bears, Faeriessence, and Treasure Boxes. Together, these categories include approximately 300 styles of finely detailed, hand-painted miniature cast resin bears, other animals and people. Each figurine is inscribed with Boyds distinctive symbol of authenticity, a hidden bear paw, and a bottom stamp indicating the name, edition and piece number. Many figurines contain famous quotes, which help the customers identify with the piece. The items are packaged individually with a certificate of authenticity describing the product.
The companys retail locations have built successful interactive environments for adults, children, and the entire family. Boyds Super Duper Bear Factory enables the consumer to choose the skin of the desired animal, fill the animal with specially colored beans and bring it to life with a magic bean. After the animal comes to life, they may then choose a special outfit for it to wear and the child can take home their animal in their very own Boyds Big Barn box. Additionally, in the retail stores Boyds has its Boyds Teddy Bear Nursery. The consumer can adopt a bear from the on duty bear nurse, complete the paperwork, name their new cub and fill up with accessories.
The company has expanded to include Coca-Cola and M&Ms in 2005, and Crayola products would be launched in early 2006. The company would be producing products utilizing these brands in both plush and resin.
The company sells approximately 300 additional items ranging from home decor, stationary, miniature furniture, wooden accessories and glasses, through cast iron products, and resin accessories. In addition, various printed and promotional materials are sold to support Boyds product lines.
New Product Introductions
Gift Sets: Gift Sets, this is a product that combines all of the Boyds elements, plush, resin, and stationary. In one package a consumer can get a plush bear, a resin ornament and a gift bag.
Officially licensed plush and resin product: Officially licensed plush and resin product from Coca-Cola and M&Ms.
Patty Duke Collection of plush: In 2005, the company introduced its Patty Duke Collection of plush. Boyds has engaged in a relationship where Patty Duke and its Boyds team collaborate to create the bears.
Puppy Paws and Pals: Puppy Paws and Pals, the companys celebration of that special bond between bears and dogs.
Distribution Network and Customers
Boyds has a national distribution network, which includes approximately 11,000 store locations, including independent retail gift and collectibles accounts, department stores and selected national retailers. In November of 2005, Boyds opened My Boyds Bear shop in FAO Schwarz in New York City. These retail stores are being used to generate income and expand the brand awareness and image of Boyds.
The Boyds Collection, Ltd. was founded by Gary and Justina Lowenthal in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Boyds Collection Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Boyds Collection Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Boyds Collection Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Boyds Collection Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Boyds Collection Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BOYDS COLLECTION LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Boyds Collection Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Boyds Collection Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Boyds Collection Ltd. Major Shareholders
Boyds Collection Ltd. History
Boyds Collection Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Boyds Collection Ltd. Offices and Representations
Boyds Collection Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Boyds Collection Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Boyds Collection Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Boyds Collection Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Boyds Collection Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Boyds Collection Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Boyds Collection Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Boyds Collection Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Boyds Collection Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Boyds Collection Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Boyds Collection Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Boyds Collection Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?