- The report contains detailed information about Boyd Gaming Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Boyd Gaming Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Boyd Gaming Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Boyd Gaming Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Boyd Gaming Corp. business.
About Boyd Gaming Corp.
Boyd Gaming Corporation operates as a multi jurisdictional gaming company in the United States. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated 15 casino entertainment facilities located in Nevada, Mississippi, Illinois, Louisiana, and Indiana. In addition, the company owns and operates a pari-mutuel jai-alai facility located in Dania Beach, Florida, a travel agency, and a captive insurance company that underwrites travel-related insurance. It owned an aggregate of approximately 812,500 square feet of casino space, containing approximately 21,400 slot machines, 425 table games, and 7,550 hotel rooms.
The company is also a 50% partner in a joint venture that owns a limited liability company, operating Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Las Vegas Locals segment
The companys Las Vegas Locals segment consists of six casinos that serve the resident population of the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino: Gold Coast Hotel and Casino (Gold Coast) is located on Flamingo Road, approximately one mile west of the Las Vegas Strip and one-quarter mile west of Interstate 15, the highway linking Las Vegas and southern California. Its location offers access from four directions in the Las Vegas valley. The primary target market for Gold Coast consists of local middle-market customers who gamble. Gold Coasts amenities include 711 hotel rooms and suites along with meeting facilities, multiple restaurant options, a 70-lane bowling center and action-packed gaming, including slots, table games, a poker room, a race and sports book, and a bingo center.
The Orleans Hotel and Casino: The Orleans Hotel and Casino (The Orleans) is located on Tropicana Avenue, a short distance from the Las Vegas Strip. The target markets for The Orleans are both local residents and visitors to the Las Vegas area. The Orleans provides a New Orleans French Quarter-themed environment. Amenities at The Orleans include 1,885 hotel rooms, various restaurants and bars, a spa and fitness center, 18 stadium-seating movie theaters, a 70-lane bowling center, banquet and meeting space, and a special events arena that seats approximately 9,500 patrons.
Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall: Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall (Sams Town Las Vegas) is located on the Boulder Strip. Its informal, friendly atmosphere appeals to both local residents and visitors alike. Amenities at Sams Town Las Vegas include 646 hotel rooms, various restaurants and bars, 18 stadium-seating movie theaters, and a 56-lane bowling center.
Suncoast Hotel and Casino: Suncoast Hotel and Casino (Suncoast) is located in Peccole Ranch, a master-planned community adjacent to Summerlin. The primary target market for Suncoast consists of local middle-market customers. Suncoast is a Mediterranean-themed facility that features 426 hotel rooms, multiple restaurant options, 25,000 square feet of banquet and meeting facilities, 16 stadium-seating movie theatres, and a 64-lane bowling center.
Eldorado Casino and Jokers Wild Casino: Located in downtown Henderson, Nevada, the Eldorado Casino (Eldorado) is approximately 14 miles from the Las Vegas Strip. Jokers Wild Casino (Jokers Wild) is also located in Henderson, Nevada. The amenities at each of these properties include slots, table games, a sports book, and multiple dining options. The principal customers of these properties are Henderson residents.
Downtown Las Vegas segment
Downtown Niche: The company has developed a distinct niche for its downtown properties by focusing on customers from Hawaii. Through its Hawaiian travel agency, Vacations Hawaii, the company operates six charter flights from Honolulu to Las Vegas each week. The company also has relationships with other Hawaiian travel agencies and offers all-inclusive packages.
California Hotel and Casino: Californias amenities include 781 hotel rooms, multiple dining options, a sports book, keno lounge, and meeting space. California and Main Street Station are connected by an indoor pedestrian bridge.
Fremont Hotel and Casino: Fremont is adjacent to the principal pedestrian thoroughfare in downtown Las Vegas known as the Fr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BOYD GAMING CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BOYD GAMING CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BOYD GAMING CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BOYD GAMING CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BOYD GAMING CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Boyd Gaming Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Boyd Gaming Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Boyd Gaming Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Boyd Gaming Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Boyd Gaming Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BOYD GAMING CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BOYD GAMING CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BOYD GAMING CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BOYD GAMING CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BOYD GAMING CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BOYD GAMING CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Boyd Gaming Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Boyd Gaming Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Boyd Gaming Corp. Major Shareholders
Boyd Gaming Corp. History
Boyd Gaming Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Boyd Gaming Corp. Offices and Representations
Boyd Gaming Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Boyd Gaming Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Boyd Gaming Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Boyd Gaming Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Boyd Gaming Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Boyd Gaming Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Boyd Gaming Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Boyd Gaming Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Boyd Gaming Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Boyd Gaming Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Boyd Gaming Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Boyd Gaming Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?