- The report contains detailed information about Archon Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Archon Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Archon Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Archon Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Archon Corp. business.
About Archon Corp.
Archon Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Pioneer Hotel, Inc., engages in the ownership, management, and operation of casinos and hotels in the United States.
The company operates the Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall (the Pioneer) in Laughlin, Nevada. In addition, it owns real estate on Las Vegas Boulevard South (Strip) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and properties in Dorchester, Massachusetts, and Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Hotel and casino Operations
The Pioneer features a classical western architecture style, and is located in Laughlin, Nevada. The Pioneer is located on approximately 12 acres of land, with Colorado River frontage of approximately 770 feet, and is situated near the center of Laughlins Casino Drive. Approximately 6 1/2 acres of the 12 acres are leased. The Pioneer consists of four buildings. The casino is located in the main building, totaling approximately 50,000 square feet, of which approximately 21,500 square feet house the casino. The first floor includes the casino, 2 bars, snack bar and gift shop, as well as a 24 hour restaurant, kitchen, special events area, restrooms, and storage areas. The first floor also includes a Luckys Sports Book operated by Brandywine Bookmaking, a tenant. A partial second floor houses a gourmet restaurant, administrative offices, and banquet rooms. The 3 motel buildings consist of approximately 66,000, 54,000, and 30,000 square feet, respectively. Approximately 416 motel rooms are housed in the 3 buildings with improvements, including a swimming pool and spa. As of September 30, 2010, the Pioneer had approximately 686 slot machines, 6 blackjack tables (21), 1 craps table, 1 roulette wheel, and 5 other gaming tables.
Market: The Pioneer targets primarily mature, out-of-town customers residing in Central Arizona and Southern California; and retirees who reside in the northeast and midwest United States and Canada and travel to the southwest United States during the winter months and local residents who reside in Laughlin, Nevada, and in Bullhead City, Kingman and Lake Havasu, Arizona, and in Needles, California.
Assets Held for Sale
In May 2009, the company, through its wholly owned subsidiary SFHI, LLC (SFHI), entered into a purchase and sale agreement with Montgomery County (County), whereby the County would purchase SFHIs 51.57 acre parcel of land together with an approximately 341,693 square feet office building (the Gaithersburg Property), located in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The company acquired rental properties in the Dorchester section of Boston, Massachusetts and Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Dorchester section of Boston, Massachusetts property is located on 12 acres and includes various buildings with approximately 425,000 square feet of commercial office space.
The company owns, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Sahara Las Vegas Corp. (SLVC), an approximately 27-acre parcel of land (the Property) located on the east side of Las Vegas boulevard south, south of Sahara Avenue. It leases the Property to two different lessees.
Archon Corporation was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARCHON CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARCHON CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARCHON CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARCHON CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARCHON CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Archon Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Archon Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Archon Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Archon Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Archon Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARCHON CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARCHON CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARCHON CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARCHON CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARCHON CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARCHON CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Archon Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Archon Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Archon Corp. Major Shareholders
Archon Corp. History
Archon Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Archon Corp. Offices and Representations
Archon Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Archon Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Archon Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Archon Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Archon Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Archon Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Archon Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Archon Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Archon Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Archon Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Archon Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Archon Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?