- The report contains detailed information about Allied Hotel Properties Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Allied Hotel Properties Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Allied Hotel Properties Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Allied Hotel Properties Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Allied Hotel Properties Inc. business.
About Allied Hotel Properties Inc.
Allied Hotel Properties Inc (Allied Hotels or the company) is a Canadian growth-oriented hotel company focused on the ownership of first class business hotels in major Canadian urban centres. The current hotel portfolio of Allied Hotels consists of six properties with a total of 2,071 rooms, as summarized below. The principal hotel properties of Allied Hotel Properties Inc. are summarized as follows:
Crowne Plaza Hotel Georgia
Allied Hotels owns 100% of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Georgia, a 313 room landmark hotel situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel has one of the best locations in the City of Vancouver at the central intersection of Georgia and Howe Streets. It is extremely well positioned for all primary tourism and business facilities in the downtown core, across from the Pacific Centre Mall, Vancouver Art Gallery and Robson Square. The 12-storey building was built in 1927 and has many classical and character features.
Crowne Plaza Toronto Don Valley Hotel
Allied Hotels owns 100% of the Crowne Paza Toronto Don Valley Hotel, a 353 room full service hotel located at the intersection of Eglington Avenue and the Don Valley Parkway in the City of Toronto. The hotel contains 16,000 square feet of banquet and convention facilities, several restaurants and indoor/outdoor pools in a resort setting. It is well located in regard to numerous corporate headquarters in the area and is positioned to receive overflow bookings from downtown Toronto.
Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel
Allied Hotels owns 100% of the Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel, a 307 room hotel centrally located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. This hotel is just a short walk to the business district, the Edmonton Convention Centre, the Alberta Legislature, several shopping centres, and the corporate offices of well-known companies such as Telus, Imperial Oil, IBM, CN Rail, and Petro Canada. The hotel amenities include the popular roof-top revolving restaurant known as "La Ronde". approximately 14,000 square feet of meeting space, a parkade with 675 parking stalls, and a business centre with high speed internet access.
Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown Hotel & Tower Suites
Allied Hotels owns 33.3% of the Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown Hotel & Tower Suites, a 245 room hotel located in the south downtown area of Vancouver, close to the Robson Street shopping area and Vancouver's financial and entertainment districts. The hotel was developed in three separate stages. The first two buildings include a five-story tower of 21 rooms per floor and an eight-story tower of 13 rooms per floor. The most recent addition, the Hotel Annex, is designed to accommodate the extended-stay market with 18 tower suites.
Vancouver Airport Conference Resort
Allied Hotels owns 62% of the Vancouver Airport Conference Resort, a 438-room hotel situated on a 12.5 acre site in the City of Richmond, British Columbia. It is located approximately five kilometres from the Vancouver International Airport and is adjacent to Highway 99 which connects Vancouver to the Canada/United States border. The two lodging towers were built in 1971 and 1983. Rooms in the adjacent two-storey low rise terrace were completely renovated in 1997, resulting in 25 suites and 59 standard rooms upgraded to Delta "Signature Club" standards. Facilities in the hotel include one indoor and two outdoor swimming pools, one indoor water slide, a full fitness centre (with four indoor tennis courts, two squash courts, massage therapy clinic, indoor whirlpool and two saunas), a business centre, an outdoor patio bar grill and two full service restaurants.
Delta Vancouver Airport
Allied Hotels is currently increasing its interest to 26.6% of the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel & Marina, a 415-room hotel situated on a 7.5 acre site on Sea Island in the City of Richmond. This hotel is near to the Vancouver International Airport. The hotel is located close to the major north-south traffic artery linking Vancouver to the City of Richmond and enjoys good visual exposure from the surrounding major roadways as well as an attractive setting and ambience. Allied Hotels is also increasing its interest to 26.6% in the adjacent Canadian Airlines Building. This building is almost fully leased and sits on 7.4 acres of land which offers expansion potential for the hotel.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Allied Hotel Properties Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Allied Hotel Properties Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLIED HOTEL PROPERTIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Major Shareholders
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. History
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Offices and Representations
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Allied Hotel Properties Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?