- The report contains detailed information about Zimmer Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zimmer Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zimmer Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zimmer Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. business.
About Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of orthopaedic reconstructive implants, dental implants, spinal implants, trauma products and related surgical products. The company also provides other healthcare related services.
The companys products include orthopaedic reconstructive implants, dental implants, spinal implants, trauma products and related surgical products. It utilizes its Trabecular Metal Technology across various product categories.
Orthopaedic Reconstructive Implants
The companys portfolio of Minimally Invasive Solutions Procedures (MIS) includes the MIS Mini-Incision Total Knee Procedure. The MIS Mini-Incision Procedure utilizes specialized MIS Instruments, which feature smaller, ergonomic and highly precise instruments which accommodate and facilitate a smaller incision and less disruption of the surrounding soft tissues.
NexGen Complete Knee Solution: The NexGen Knee product line is a system for knee replacement surgery which has had significant application in PS, CR and revision procedures. The NexGen Knee System offers joint stability and sizing that can be tailored to individual patient needs while providing surgeons with a system of interchangeable components. The NexGen Knee System provides surgeons with knee instrument options, including MIS Mini-Incision Instruments, milling and multiple traditional saw blade cutting instrument systems.
The NexGen CR product line is designed to be used in conjunction with a functioning posterior cruciate ligament. The NexGen CR-Flex Femoral Components offer a tissue balancing (flexion balancing) solution, which allows the surgeon to adjust component sizing and balance and stabilize the implant without removing additional bone or wasting critical procedure time.
The NexGen Complete Knee Solution Legacy Knee-Posterior Stabilized product line provides stability in the absence of the posterior cruciate ligament.
NexGen Knee Gender Solutions femorals represent the knee implants specifically shaped to offer fit and function optimized for the anatomical considerations commonly seen in female patients. Gender Solutions femorals are available in both NexGen CR-Flex and LPS-Flex configurations.
The NexGen Revision Knee product line consists of different products that are designed to provide clinical solutions to surgeons for various revision situations, including a bone augmentation implant system made from its Trabecular Metal Technology material. These augments are designed to address significant bone loss in revision surgery.
The company offers improved polyethylene performance in the NexGen Knee System with its conventional polyethylene and Prolong Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene, which offers reduced wear and resistance to oxidation, pitting and cracking. Prolong Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene is available in designs compatible with both NexGen CR-Flex and LPS-Flex femoral components.
Natural-Knee II System: The Natural-Knee II System consists of a range of interchangeable, anatomically designed implants which include a proprietary Cancellous-Structured Titanium (CSTitm) Porous Coating option for fixation in active patients.
Gender Solutions Natural-Knee Flex System: The Gender Solutions Natural-Knee Flex System adds its High Flex and Gender Solutions design concepts to the Natural-Knee System. The Gender Solutions Natural-Knee Flex System recognizes that two distinct populations exist in total knee arthroplasty (female and male) and offers two distinct implant shapes for enhanced fit. The system is compatible with muscle sparing MIS procedures and accommodates high flexion capacity up to 155 degrees.
Innex Total Knee System: The Innex Knee System offers fixed bearing and mobile bearing knee components all designed with in the same system philosophy.The Innex Knee System is distributed in Europe and Asia Pacific and is not currently available for commercial distribution in the United States.
Zimmer Unicompartmental Knee Systems: The Zimmer Unicompartmental Knee System offers a flexion design for unicompartmental knee surgery. This high flex product was desi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZIMMER HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. History
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?