- The report contains detailed information about Volcano Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Volcano Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Volcano Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Volcano Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Volcano Corporation business.
About Volcano Corporation
Volcano Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and commercialization of a suite of consoles and single-use disposables that are used in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease.
The companys offerings include multi-modality consoles that provide intravascular ultrasound, or IVUS, and/or functional measurement, or FM, capabilities. The company also offers IVUS and FM disposables for use on these consoles. It markets products to physicians, nurses, and technicians who perform and support these procedures in hospitals.
The companys products include IVUS and FM consoles, IVUS catheters, FM guide wires and additional functionality options. Its consoles are marketed as stand-alone units or units that can be integrated into cath labs. The company markets the integrated cath lab version of these consoles and additional functionality options as part of its cath lab integration initiative. The companys s5i console is comprised of components that can be customized to each cath labs specifications and integrated into virtually any cath lab.
Consoles: The company designs, develops, manufactures and commercializes consoles that are proprietary, high-speed electronic systems that process the signals received from its IVUS catheters. These consoles generate high-resolution images that can be displayed on a monitor and can be permanently stored on the system or another medium. The companys IVUS market strategy includes offering clinicians devices that are easier to use, require lower procedure times and provide a level of information. The company has a family of consoles including its IVUS In-Vision Gold, or IVG, and the new PC-based s5. The s5 family includes
s5: This portable and mobile console weighs 95 pounds.
s5i: This console is made up of components that can be customized to each cath labs specifications and integrated into any cath lab while retaining the full functionality of the s5. When the s5i is integrated into the cath lab, it works with the workflow of the cath lab in terms of manipulating and archiving patient images and data.
s5 and s5i with FFR: These consoles are identical to the s5 and s5i, except that they also include the functionality to measure pressure and FFR.
Catheters: The companys single-procedure disposable catheters only operate and interface with its family of IVUS consoles. The company is the only company that offers both phased array and rotational catheters.
The Revolution develops images by rotating a single transducer element inside the tip of the catheter using a flexible torque cable. The companys IVUS catheters vary in their principal use, frequencies, shaft sizes, shaft lengths, guide wire compatibility and distal tip lengths. These differences allow for the use of different catheters in various portions of the vascular system.
Additional Functionality: The companys IVUS products incorporate key features that add clinical functionality addressing historical limitations of conventional IVUS. The companys IVUS products incorporate ChromaFlo and VH IVUS which contains in-vivo color-coded identification of plaque composition and automatic drawing of lumen and vessel borders.
ChromaFlo: ChromaFlo stent apposition analysis uses sequential IVUS frames to differentiate circulating blood from stationary or anchored tissue. ChromaFlo can be particularly important when assessing stent placement as the detailed cross-sectional image clearly identifies moving blood inside and outside of the stent lumen, prompting physicians in many cases to expand the stent until all of the blood appears inside of the stent lumen. ChromaFlo can also help with the identification of luminal structures such as lumen border, bifurcations, dissections, and thrombus.
VH IVUS: VH IVUS product allows easy to read and interpret IVUS images with color-coded identification of plaque composition. Additionally, a key element of the VH IVUS product is the capability to provide automatic identification of lumen and vessel borders. This feature enables automated vessel sizing, which makes it easier and faster to use IVUS products.
The companys FM products consist of pressure and flow consoles and single-procedure disposable pressure and flow guide wires. Its consoles are mobile, proprietary and high speed electronic systems with different functionalities and sizes designed and manufactured to process the signals received from only its guide wires. In addition, FM products can be integrated with s5 family of multi-modality consoles.
In May 2009, Volcano became the distributor for the Xtract thrombus aspiration catheter. The features and multiple sizes of the Xtract catheter provide directional, fast, and clot removal to help reestablish blood flow quickly during a heart attack.
Sales and Marketing
The company has direct sales capability in the U.S., Western Europe and Japan. The company has distribution relationships in Japan with Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd., or Fukuda Denshi, and Johnson & Johnson K.K., Cordis Division, or Johnson & Johnson. The company has agreements with other healthcare companies, including Medtronic, Inc. and certain of its affiliates, or Medtronic, General Electric Company, or GE, Siemens AG, or Siemens, Philips, and Johnson & Johnson.
The companys primary IVUS competitor is Boston Scientific, but also competes with Terumo Corporation in Japan. In the FM market, the companys primary competitor is Radi Medical Systems AB, or Radi. The companys primary competitors in the telecommunications market include Optoplex Corporation, Aegis Lightwave, Inc. and BaySpec, Inc.
Volcano Corporation was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VOLCANO CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VOLCANO CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VOLCANO CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VOLCANO CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VOLCANO CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Volcano Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Volcano Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Volcano Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Volcano Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Volcano Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. VOLCANO CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VOLCANO CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VOLCANO CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VOLCANO CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VOLCANO CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VOLCANO CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Volcano Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Volcano Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Volcano Corporation Major Shareholders
Volcano Corporation History
Volcano Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Volcano Corporation Offices and Representations
Volcano Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Volcano Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Volcano Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Volcano Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Volcano Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Volcano Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Volcano Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Volcano Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Volcano Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Volcano Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Volcano Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Volcano Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?