- The report contains detailed information about VCA Antech Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for VCA Antech Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The VCA Antech Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes VCA Antech Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of VCA Antech Inc. business.
About VCA Antech Inc.
VCA Antech, Inc. operates as an animal healthcare services company in the United States and Canada. The company provides veterinary services and diagnostic testing to support veterinary care and the company sells diagnostic imaging equipment and other medical technology products and related services to the veterinary market.
The company operates through three segments: Animal Hospital, Laboratory, and Medical Technology.
The Animal Hospitals offer a range of general medical and surgical services for companion animals, as well as specialized treatments including advanced diagnostic services, internal medicine, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and cardiology. In addition, the company provides pharmaceutical products and performs various pet wellness programs, including health examinations, diagnostic testing, routine vaccinations, spaying, neutering, and dental care. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 489 animal hospitals serving 40 states.
Services: In addition to general medical and surgical services, the company offers specialized treatments for companion animals, including diagnostic services, internal medicine, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology and cardiology. The company also provides pharmaceutical products for use in the delivery of treatments by its veterinarians and pet owners. Many of its animal hospitals offer additional services, including grooming, bathing and boarding. The company also sells specialty pet products at its animal hospitals, including pet food, vitamins, therapeutic shampoos and conditioners, flea collars and sprays, and other accessory products.
This segment operates a network of veterinary diagnostic laboratories that provide testing and consulting services used by veterinarians in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation, monitoring, treatment, and prevention of diseases and other conditions affecting animals. The companys network of veterinary diagnostic laboratories provides diagnostic testing for approximately 16,000 clients, which includes standard animal hospitals, animal practices, universities and other government organizations. The company operates a full-service, veterinary diagnostic laboratory network serving all 50 states and certain areas in Canada.
Services: The companys diagnostic spectrum includes approximately 300 different tests in the area of chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology and microbiology, as well as tests specific to particular diseases. The companys diagnostic experts include veterinarians, chemists and other scientists with expertise in pathology, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dermatology, neurology, and endocrinology. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 47 veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
The Medical Technology segment sells digital radiography and ultrasound imaging equipment and related computer hardware, software and services, including consulting services and training, to the veterinary market. The companys digital radiography and ultrasound imaging equipment are used by veterinarians to capture and view anatomical images to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of diseases and injuries in animals. In addition, the company has mobile imaging units that provide mobile diagnostic ultrasound imaging services to veterinarians who do not own their own ultrasound imaging equipment.
Products and Services: The company sells digital radiography imaging equipment, which is comprised of a network of various components that the company acquires from third-party manufacturers and developers. The company sells General Electric ultrasound imaging equipment pursuant to an agreement entered into with General Electric granting the company rights to sell this equipment to members and institutions in the North American veterinary community.
The company licenses its proprietary software TruDR. TruDR allows for the capture of digital x-ray images and transmits those images to a computer containing archiving and reviewing software. TruDR, or similar software, is a required component for the company's digital radiography imaging equipment to function. TruDR is not applicable to ultrasound imaging equipment sales. The company also provides mobile imaging, consulting, education and training services to its customers. In addition, the company sells extended service agreements to its customers that include technical support, product updates for software and extended warranty coverage for a period of up to five years.
Sales and Marketing: The company markets and sells its products and services to veterinary hospitals and universities.
The companys principal competitors include IDEXX Laboratories, Siemens Medical Systems, Philips Medical Systems, and Canon Medical Systems.
VCA Antech, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VCA ANTECH INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VCA ANTECH INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VCA ANTECH INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VCA ANTECH INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VCA ANTECH INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. VCA Antech Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of VCA Antech Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of VCA Antech Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. VCA Antech Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. VCA Antech Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VCA ANTECH INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VCA ANTECH INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VCA ANTECH INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VCA ANTECH INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VCA ANTECH INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VCA ANTECH INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
VCA Antech Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
VCA Antech Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
VCA Antech Inc. Major Shareholders
VCA Antech Inc. History
VCA Antech Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
VCA Antech Inc. Offices and Representations
VCA Antech Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
VCA Antech Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
VCA Antech Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
VCA Antech Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
VCA Antech Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
VCA Antech Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
VCA Antech Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
VCA Antech Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
VCA Antech Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
VCA Antech Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
VCA Antech Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
VCA Antech Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?