Varian Medical Systems Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment Included)
- The report contains detailed information about Varian Medical Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Varian Medical Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Varian Medical Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Varian Medical Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Varian Medical Systems Inc. business.
About Varian Medical Systems Inc.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. engages in design, manufacture, sale, and service of equipment and software products for treating cancer with radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and brachytherapy.
The company also designs, manufactures, sells, and services x-ray tubes for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs); replacement x-ray tubes; and flat panel digital image detectors for filmless x-ray imaging (commonly referred to as flat panel detectors or digital image detectors) in medical, dental, veterinary, scientific, and industrial applications. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services linear accelerators, digital image detectors, image processing software, and image detection products for security and inspection purposes. The company also develops, designs, manufactures, sells, and services proton therapy products and systems for cancer treatment.
The companys operations are grouped into two segments: Oncology Systems and X-ray Products.
The companys Oncology Systems segment is the provider of advanced hardware and software products for radiation treatment of cancer with conventional radiation therapy, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, stereotactic radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. Oncology Systems products address each aspect of the radiotherapy process, including linear accelerators and accessory products for positioning the patient and delivering the x-ray beam; brachytherapy afterloaders; treatment planning software; treatment simulation and verification equipment and accessories and quality assurance software for simulating and verifying the treatment plans before treatment and verifying that a treatment was delivered correctly afterwards; and information management software for recording the history and results of treatments and other patient treatment information and data, including patient x-ray images.
The companys products and accessories for IMRT and IGRT allow clinicians to track and treat tumors using very precisely shaped beams, targeting the tumor as closely as possible and allowing the delivery of higher doses to the tumor while limiting exposure of nearby healthy tissue.
Linear accelerators are the main devices for delivering conventional external beam radiotherapy with IMRT, IGRT, and VMAT treatments. The companys Clinac medical linear accelerators are used to treat cancer by producing therapeutic electrons and x-ray beams that target tumors and other abnormalities. The Clinac iX linear accelerators are designed for streamlined and advanced treatment processes, including IMRT and IGRT.
The company also manufactures and markets linear accelerator accessories that enable delivery of advanced treatments, such as IMRT, IGRT, stereotactic radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and VMAT. The companys Millennium series of multi-leaf collimators and High Definition 120 (HD 120) multi-leaf collimators are used with a linear accelerator to define the size, shape, and intensity of the generated beams. PortalVision, its electronic portal-imager, is used to verify a patients position while on the treatment couch, which is used for treatments.
The companys IGRT accessories include the OBI hardware accessory affixed to the linear accelerator that allows dynamic, real-time imaging of tumors while the patient is on the treatment couch and a CBCT imaging software accessory that works with the OBI to allow patient positioning based on soft-tissue anatomy.
The companys RapidArc radiotherapy products enable the planning and delivery of image-guided IMRT in a single continuous rotation of up to 360 degrees rather than as a series of fixed fields. RapidArc radiotherapy products are a proprietary implementation of VMAT that coordinates beam shaping, dose rate and gantry speed to deliver a conformal dose distribution to the target tumor.
The companys treatment planning and information management software products enable the delivery of radiotherapy treatments, from the initial treatment planning and plan quality assurance verification to the post-treatment recording of data and storing of patient information.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Varian Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Varian Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Varian Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Varian Medical Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Varian Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Varian Medical Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Varian Medical Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Varian Medical Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Varian Medical Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Key Executives
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Varian Medical Systems Inc. History
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Varian Medical Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Statistics
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Varian Medical Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?