- The report contains detailed information about Unitedhealth Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Unitedhealth Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Unitedhealth Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Unitedhealth Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Unitedhealth Group, Inc. business.
About Unitedhealth Group, Inc.
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated provides healthcare services in the United States. The company designs products, provides services and applies technologies that improve access to health and well-being services.
The companys segments include Health Benefits, which includes UnitedHealthcare, Ovations and AmeriChoice; OptumHealth; Ingenix; and Prescription Solutions.
This segment consists of various businesses, including UnitedHealthcare, Ovations, and AmeriChoice.
UnitedHealthcare: UnitedHealthcare offers a range of consumer-oriented health benefit plans and services for national employers, public sector employers, mid-sized employers, small businesses, and individuals nationwide. UnitedHealthcare facilitated access to health care services on behalf of approximately 25 million Americans as of December 31, 2009. UnitedHealthcare also provides administrative and other management services. As of December 31, 2009, UnitedHealthcare National Accounts served approximately 380 employer groups under these arrangements, including 150 of the Fortune 500 companies.
UnitedHealthcare offers its products through affiliates that are licensed as insurance companies, health maintenance organizations (HMOs), or third party administrators (TPAs).
Directly or through UnitedHealth Groups family of companies, UnitedHealthcare offers a range of benefit plans integrating medical, ancillary and alternative care products; a clinical programs that are built around a clinical data set and principles of evidence-based medicine; consumer access to information about physician and hospital performance; physician and facility access to performance feedback information to support quality improvement; care facilitation services that use various identification tools, including proprietary predictive technology to identify individuals with significant gaps in care and unmet needs or risks for potential health problems, and then facilitate appropriate interventions; disease and condition management programs to help individuals address significant, complex disease states; and convenient self-service tools for health transactions and information.
UnitedHealthcare provides programs that enable consumers to take ownership and control of their health care benefits. These products include high-deductible consumer-driven benefit plans coupled with health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), or health savings accounts (HSAs), and are offered on a self-funded and fully-insured basis. UnitedHealthcare provided these products to approximately 24,000 employer-sponsored benefit plans during 2009, including approximately 150 employers in the large group self-funded market serviced by UnitedHealthcare National Accounts.
Ovations: Ovations provides health and well-being services for individuals age 50 and older, addressing their needs for preventive and acute health care services, as well as for services dealing with chronic disease and other specialized issues for older individuals. It provides products and services in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and most U.S. territories. Ovations participates in the Medicare program, offering a range spectrum of Medicare products, including Medigap products that supplement traditional fee-for-service coverage, traditional health-plan-type programs under Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and special offerings for beneficiaries who are chronically ill and/or Medicaid and Medicare dual-eligible.
Ovations has various contracts with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which primarily relate to the Medicare health benefit programs. Ovations provides health care coverage for seniors and other eligible Medicare beneficiaries primarily through the Medicare Advantage program administered by CMS. Ovations also offers Medicare Advantage HMO plans, preferred provider organization (PPO) plans, Special Needs Plans, Point-of-Service (POS) plans and Private-Fee-for-Service plans. Under the Medicare Advantage programs, Ovations provides health insurance coverage to eligible Medicare beneficiaries in exchange for a fixed monthly premium per member from CM
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Unitedhealth Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Unitedhealth Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. History
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Unitedhealth Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?