- The report contains detailed information about Unilens Vision Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Unilens Vision Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Unilens Vision Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Unilens Vision Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Unilens Vision Inc. business.
About Unilens Vision Inc.
Unilens Vision Inc., through its subsidiary, Unilens Corp. USA, engages in the licensing, manufacture, distribution, and marketing of specialty optical lens products using proprietary design and manufacturing technology.
The companys products are sold primarily in the United States to eye care professionals through in house sales representatives, independent sales brokers, and a network of distributors. Its lens products are marketed as a family of specialty vision correction products that can serve the majority of the populations vision correction needs.
The companys lens business is divided into four categories: disposable lenses; custom soft lenses; gas permeable lenses; and replacement and other lenses.
The companys disposable lenses line consists of the C-Vue, a mulitfocal cast molded blister-packed box of six lenses sold for frequent replacement, the C-Vue Aspheric single vision lens, a single vision disposable soft contact lens sold for two-week replacement, and the C-Vue 1 Day Aspheric single vision daily disposable soft contact lens sold for one day wear then thrown away. The company markets the C-Vue Aspheric single vision lens in a blister-packed box of 6 lenses and the C-Vue 1 Day Aspheric single vision lens in blister-packs of 30 and 90 lenses.
The companys custom soft lenses line of soft lathe-cut products includes the C-Vue Toric Multifocal, designed for patients with an astigmatism that require bifocal correction, the C-Vue Custom Toric and the C-Vue 55 multifocal, a highadd multifocal, manufactured in a high-water content material, available in its advanced line of biocompatible materials. In September 2009, the company launched the new C-Vue Advanced Toric Multifocal lens in blister-packs for monthly replacement, featuring free trial lenses for practitioners.
The companys gas permeable lens line of products consist of the Unilens GP, a multifocal contact lens intended for patients with astigmatism who need low to moderate presbyopic correction; the Unilens GP Plus, designed to accommodate wearers requiring higher presbyopic correction; and the C-Vue GP, a front aspheric design incorporating the C-Vue design technology.
The companys replacement and other lenses line of products primarily consists of the Unilens, an aspheric multifocal contact lens; the SoftSite, a highadd multifocal contact lens; the SimulVue, a simultaneous vision bifocal contact lens with the capabilities for correcting advanced presbyopia; the Unilens EMA, a visibility tinted multifocal contact lens available in planned replacement modality; the LifeStyle brand of toric multifocal, toric and spherical daily, and extended wear lenses and the Sof-Form single vision lenses marketed under the Lombart brand; the UniVision, an aspheric low vision lens; and the, Aquaflex and SoftCon spherical daily and extended wear brand of lenses acquired from CIBA Vision.
The company has licensed the worldwide rights to its multifocal soft contact lens design to Bausch & Lomb Incorporated (Bausch & Lomb), which developed and manufactures and markets a cast-molded multifocal soft contact lens using its technology.
The company markets its products worldwide. Outside the United States, it sells its products primarily in Germany, Switzerland, Spain, and Brazil.
The company's major suppliers include Benz Research Corporation and Contamac.
The company competes with companies, such as Vistakon, a unit of Johnson and Johnson; Bausch & Lomb; Ciba Vision Corporation, a division of Novartis AG; and Cooper Vision.
Unilens Vision Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNILENS VISION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNILENS VISION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNILENS VISION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNILENS VISION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNILENS VISION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Unilens Vision Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Unilens Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Unilens Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Unilens Vision Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Unilens Vision Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNILENS VISION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNILENS VISION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNILENS VISION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNILENS VISION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNILENS VISION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNILENS VISION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Unilens Vision Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Unilens Vision Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Unilens Vision Inc. Major Shareholders
Unilens Vision Inc. History
Unilens Vision Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Unilens Vision Inc. Offices and Representations
Unilens Vision Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Unilens Vision Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Unilens Vision Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Unilens Vision Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Unilens Vision Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Unilens Vision Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Unilens Vision Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Unilens Vision Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Unilens Vision Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Unilens Vision Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Unilens Vision Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Unilens Vision Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?