Triple-S Management Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Triple-S Management Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Triple-S Management Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Triple-S Management Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Triple-S Management Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Triple-S Management Corporation business.
About Triple-S Management Corporation
Triple-S Management Corporation operates as a managed care company in Puerto Rico. The company serves approximately 1.3 million members across all regions. It has a right to use the Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) names and marks throughout Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.
The company offers a portfolio of managed care and related products in the commercial, Medicare and the government of Puerto Rico Health Insurance Plan markets. The company serves a range of customer segments, from corporate accounts, federal and local government employees and individuals to Medicare recipients and Reform enrollees, with a range of managed care products.
In July 2009, the company and Triple-S Salud, Inc. (TSS), a managed care subsidiary, obtained the licensing rights to the Blue Cross brand in Puerto Rico and the BCBS brands in the U.S. Virgin Islands from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) pursuant to license agreements with BCBSA. According to the license agreements, the company and TSS acquired the right to sell, market and administer health care plans and related services under the brands in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Products and Services
Through its subsidiary TSS, the company offers a range of managed care products, including HMOs, PPOs, Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D. The company designs its products to meet the needs and objectives of a range of customers, including employers, individuals and government entities. The companys customers either contract with the company to assume underwriting risk or they self-fund underwriting risk and rely on the company for provider network access, medical cost management, claim processing, stop-loss insurance and other administrative services.
The companys members receive medical care from its networks of providers in exchange for premiums paid by the individuals or their employers, a government entity in case of the Medicare Advantage or Reform plan and, in some instances, a cost-sharing payment between the employer and the member. The company offers the following managed care plans:
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): The company offers HMO plans that provide members with health care coverage for a fixed monthly premium in addition to applicable member co-payments. Health care services can include emergency care, inpatient hospital and physician care, outpatient medical services and supplemental services, such as dental, vision, behavioral and prescription drugs, among others. Members must select a primary care physician with in the network to provide and assist in managing care, including referrals to specialists.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): The company offers PPO managed care plans that provide its members and their dependent family members with health care coverage in exchange for a fixed monthly premium. In addition, the company provides its PPO members with access to a larger network of providers than its HMO. The company also provides coverage for PPO members who access providers outside of the network. The company also offers national in-network coverage to its PPO members through the BlueCard program.
BlueCard: For its members who purchase its PPO and selected members under ASO arrangements, the company offers the BlueCard program. In addition, the BlueCard worldwide program provides its PPO members with coverage for medical assistance worldwide.
Medicare Supplement: The company offers Medicare Supplement products, which provide supplemental coverage for the medical expenses that the Medicare Parts A and B programs does not cover, such as deductibles, coinsurance and specified losses that exceed this programs maximum benefits.
Prescription Drug Benefit Plans: The company is required to offer a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan to its enrollees in every area in which the company operate. The company offers prescription drug benefits under Medicare Part D in its Medicare Advantage plans as well as on a stand-alone basis. The company also offers a Drug Discount Card for local government employees and individuals. As of December 31, 2009, the company had e
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Triple-S Management Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Triple-S Management Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Triple-S Management Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Triple-S Management Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Triple-S Management Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Triple-S Management Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Triple-S Management Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Triple-S Management Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Triple-S Management Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Triple-S Management Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Triple-S Management Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Triple-S Management Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Triple-S Management Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Triple-S Management Corporation Major Shareholders
Triple-S Management Corporation History
Triple-S Management Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Triple-S Management Corporation Offices and Representations
Triple-S Management Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Triple-S Management Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Triple-S Management Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Triple-S Management Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Industry Statistics
Triple-S Management Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Triple-S Management Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?