- The report contains detailed information about TLC Vision Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TLC Vision Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TLC Vision Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TLC Vision Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TLC Vision Corp. business.
About TLC Vision Corp.
TLC Vision Corporation operates as an eye care services company. The company serves by providing care directly to patients and as a partner with their doctors and facilities.
The company owns and operates refractive centers that employ laser technologies to treat common refractive vision disorders, such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. Refractive centers include the companys 71 centers that provide corrective laser surgery, of which 63 are majority owned and 8 centers are minority owned. In its doctor services business, the company furnishes doctors and medical facilities with mobile or fixed site access to refractive and cataract surgery equipment, supplies, technicians and diagnostic products, as well as owns and manages single-specialty ambulatory surgery centers. In its eye care business, the company provides franchise opportunities to independent optometrists under its Vision Source brand.
The company has three lines of business and five segments including Other as follows:
Refractive Centers: The company is in the business of providing corrective laser surgery (principally LASIK) in fixed sites typically branded under the TLC name.
Doctor Services: The Doctor services business provides a variety of services and products directly to doctors and the facilities in which they perform surgery. It consists of the following segments:
Mobile Cataract: The Mobile cataract segment provides technology and diagnostic equipment and services to doctors and hospitals to support cataract surgery, as well as treatment of other eye diseases. Through its Sightpath Medical (Sightpath) subsidiary, formerly known as Midwest Surgical Services (MSS), TLCVision provides mobile and fixed site cataract equipment and related services in approximately 41 states. As of December 31, 2009, Sightpath operated 53 mobile cataract systems.
Refractive Access: The Refractive access segment assists surgeons in providing corrective laser surgery in their own practice location by providing refractive technology, technicians, service and practice development support at the surgeons office. As of December 31, 2009, TLCVision had 24 Roll-On/Roll-Off systems in operation, all of which were located in the United States. In addition to the standard excimer laser, the company also offers 11 mobile Intralase units in the United States. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 35 U.S. fixed sites. Some fixed sites serve single practice groups and others are located in ambulatory surgery centers where they can be used by a qualified eye surgeon. The company also provides a range of support services to the eye surgeons who use its equipment, including arranging for training of physicians and staff, technical support and equipment maintenance, industry updates and marketing advice, clinical advisory support, patient financing and partnership opportunities.
Other: The company has ownership interests in businesses that manage surgical and secondary care centers.
Eye Care: The Eye Care business consists of the optometric franchising business segment. The optometric franchising segment provides marketing, practice development, and purchasing power to independently-owned and operated optometric practices in the United States and Canada. As of December 31, 2009, Vision Source had approximately 2,100 franchisees, under franchise agreements across North America. This segment supports the development of independent practices and complements the companys co-management model.
The companys principal corporate competitors include LCA-Vision, Inc. and Lasik Vision Institute, Inc.
TLC Vision Corporation was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TLC VISION CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TLC VISION CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TLC VISION CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TLC VISION CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TLC VISION CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TLC Vision Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TLC Vision Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TLC Vision Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TLC Vision Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TLC Vision Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TLC VISION CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TLC VISION CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TLC VISION CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TLC VISION CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TLC VISION CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TLC VISION CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TLC Vision Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TLC Vision Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TLC Vision Corp. Major Shareholders
TLC Vision Corp. History
TLC Vision Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TLC Vision Corp. Offices and Representations
TLC Vision Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TLC Vision Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TLC Vision Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
TLC Vision Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
TLC Vision Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TLC Vision Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TLC Vision Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TLC Vision Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
TLC Vision Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
TLC Vision Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TLC Vision Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TLC Vision Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?