- The report contains detailed information about Thoratec Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Thoratec Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Thoratec Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Thoratec Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Thoratec Corp. business.
About Thoratec Corp.
Thoratec Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of proprietary medical devices used for circulatory support. The company also develops, manufactures, and markets point-of-care diagnostic test systems and skin incision products.
The company operates in two divisions, Cardiovascular and International Technidyne Corporation (ITC).
The Cardiovascular division, for advanced heart failure (HF), develops, manufactures, and markets proprietary medical devices used for mechanical circulatory support (MCS). Its primary product lines are its ventricular assist devices (VADs): the HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist System (HeartMate II), the HeartMate Left Ventricular Assist System (HeartMate XVE), the Thoratec Paracorporeal Ventricular Assist Device (PVAD), and the Thoratec Implantable Ventricular Assist Device (IVAD). In addition, for acute HF, the company markets the CentriMag Blood Pumping System (CentriMag), which is manufactured by Levitronix LLC (Levitronix) and distributed by the company in the U.S. under a distribution agreement with Levitronix. The company also manufactures a vascular access graft for renal dialysis. VADs supplement the pumping function of the heart in patients with advanced HF.
The HeartMate II
The HeartMate II is an implantable, electrically powered, continuous flow, left ventricular assist device consisting of a miniature rotary blood pump designed to provide intermediate and long-term MCS. The HeartMate II is designed to improve survival and quality of life and to provide five to ten years of circulatory support for a range of advanced HF patients. The HeartMate II can be used in patients with New York Heart Association Class IIIB and IV end-stage left ventricular failure who have received optimal medical therapy for at least forty-five of the last sixty days, and who are not candidates for cardiac transplantation. The HeartMate II received approval for bridge-to-transplantation (BTT) and received approval for use in HF patients who are not eligible for heart transplantation (Destination Therapy (DT)). The HeartMate II is approved in Europe and Canada. During 2009 the company launched its new HeartMate external peripherals (Go Gear), including new batteries, charger and power module.
The HeartMate XVE
The HeartMate XVE is an implantable, pulsatile, left ventricular assist device for intermediate and longer-term MCS. The system comprises the blood pump and a wearable controller and batteries providing a patient freedom and mobility. The HeartMate XVE received approval for BTT and Destination Therapy. It is approved in Europe and Canada.
The Paracorporeal Ventricular Assist Device
The PVAD is an external, pulsatile, ventricular assist device, approved for BTT, including home discharge, and post-cardiotomy myocardial recovery (post-cardiotomy) and provides left, right and biventricular MCS. The PVAD is a paracorporeal device. The paracorporeal nature of the PVAD has various benefits, including shorter implantation times (approximately two hours) and the ability to use the device in smaller patients. The PVAD is approved in Europe and Canada.
The Implantable Ventricular Assist Device
The IVAD is an implantable, pulsatile, ventricular assist device, approved for BTT, including home discharge, and post-cardiotomy myocardial recovery and provides left, right or biventricular MCS. The IVAD maintains the same blood flow path, valves and blood pumping mechanism as the PVAD, but has an outer housing made of a titanium alloy that makes it suitable for implantation. The IVAD is approved in Europe and Canada.
The CentriMag is manufactured by Levitronix and is based on their magnetically levitated bearingless motor technology. The company entered into a distribution agreement with Levitronix to distribute the CentriMag in the U.S. The CentriMag is 510(k) cleared by the FDA for use up to six hours in patients requiring short-term extracorporeal circulatory support during cardiac surgery. Additionally, CentriMag is approved under an FDA humanitarian device exemption to be used as a right ventricular as
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THORATEC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THORATEC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THORATEC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THORATEC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THORATEC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Thoratec Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Thoratec Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Thoratec Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Thoratec Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Thoratec Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. THORATEC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THORATEC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THORATEC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THORATEC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THORATEC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THORATEC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Thoratec Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Thoratec Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Thoratec Corp. Major Shareholders
Thoratec Corp. History
Thoratec Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Thoratec Corp. Offices and Representations
Thoratec Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Thoratec Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Thoratec Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Thoratec Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Thoratec Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Thoratec Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Thoratec Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Thoratec Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Thoratec Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Thoratec Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Thoratec Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Thoratec Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?