- The report contains detailed information about Theragenics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Theragenics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Theragenics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Theragenics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Theragenics Corp. business.
About Theragenics Corp.
Theragenics Corporation is a medical device company serving the surgical products and cancer treatment markets.
The company operates in two segments, the Surgical Products segment and the Brachytherapy Seed segment.
Surgical Products Business
Surgical Products segment manufactures and distributes wound closure, vascular access, and specialty needle products, all of which are considered medical devices. Sales are primarily to OEMs and to a network of distributors.
Wound closure products include sutures and other surgical products with applications in veterinary, urology, cardiology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, and other fields. The companys wound closure products are used to hold skin, internal organs, blood vessels and other tissue together, after they have been severed by injury or surgery. Wound closure products such as sutures are produced in various dimensions, configurations, and types of materials, depending on the application. The company produces and distributes approximately 800 wound closure line items, including sterile and non-sterile products. Sutures represent the majority of wound closure products the company sells.
Vascular access products include various introducer sheaths, guidewires and accessories used in interventional radiology, interventional cardiology and vascular surgery. The companys introducers are used to create a conduit through which a physician can insert a device, such as a catheter, into a blood vessel. The company produces and distributes approximately 200 introducer line items, many of which are procedure kits that, in addition to introducers and guidewires, may include needles, scalpels and other components. These products are sold sterile to distributors and to OEMs in sterile and bulk, non-sterile configurations.
Specialty needle products include coaxial needles, biopsy needles, access trocars, brachytherapy needles, guidewire introducer needles, spinal needles, disposable veress needles, and other needle-based products. End markets served include the cardiology, orthopedic, pain management, endoscopy, spine, urology, and veterinary markets. The companys specialty needle products are used for various purposes, including retrieval of samples of tissue or bone (biopsies) that would be examined for disease; delivery of therapeutic materials such as drugs, radioactive sources, and bone cement and; providing access to a specific area of the body to allow passage for other instruments.
The companys specialty needles are constructed of stainless steel wire and tubing. Specialty needles are produced in various forms depending upon the application, and the company manufactures approximately 2,500 line items for sale to OEMs in sterile private label, and bulk, non-sterile configurations. Major product lines in its surgical products business include
Sutures: Sutures are classified as absorbable or non-absorbable; monofilament, multifilament or braided; and natural or synthetic. Natural suture materials include surgical gut, chromic gut, and silk. Synthetic suture materials include nylon, polyester, stainless steel, polypropylene, polyglycolic acid, polyglycolide-cocaprolactone, and polydioxanone.
Needles and Brachytherapy Accessories: Needles used in general surgery, including a line of needles and related products used in brachytherapy surgical procedures. Smooth and echogenic introducer needles are also available as sterile products.
Guidewires: Guidewires function as a mechanical assist for the percutaneous introduction and exchange of various types of plastic catheters or introducer systems into the vasculature.
Micro-Introducer Kits: Micro-Introducers are commonly called coaxial dilators and are utilized when a small entry site (21 gauge needle) is desirable. Micro-Introducers are introduced over a guidewire. These introducers are packaged in a sterile kit that includes a Micro-Introducer set, a 21-gauge needle and a .018 diameter guidewire. The sterile product line consists of approximately 60 line items.
Tearaway Introducer Sets and Kits: This product consists of a Teflon sheath and a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) dilator set th
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THERAGENICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THERAGENICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THERAGENICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THERAGENICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THERAGENICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Theragenics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Theragenics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Theragenics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Theragenics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Theragenics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. THERAGENICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THERAGENICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THERAGENICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THERAGENICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THERAGENICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THERAGENICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Theragenics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Theragenics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Theragenics Corp. Major Shareholders
Theragenics Corp. History
Theragenics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Theragenics Corp. Offices and Representations
Theragenics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Theragenics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Theragenics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Theragenics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Theragenics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Theragenics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Theragenics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Theragenics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Theragenics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Theragenics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Theragenics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Theragenics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?