- The report contains detailed information about Symmetry Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Symmetry Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Symmetry Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Symmetry Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Symmetry Medical, Inc. business.
About Symmetry Medical, Inc.
Symmetry Medical, Inc. provides implants and related instruments and cases to global orthopedic device manufacturers. The company designs, develops, and produces its products for companies in other segments of the medical device market, including the dental, osteobiologic and endoscopy segments. It also provides products to non-healthcare markets, such as the aerospace market.
Products and Services
The companys primary products include: implants, including forged, cast and machined products for the global orthopedic device market; instruments used in the placement and removal of orthopedic implants and in other surgical procedures; cases, including plastic, metal and hybrid cases used to organize, secure and transport medical devices for orthopedic, endoscopy, dental and other surgical procedures; and other specialized products for the aerospace market.
The company designs, develops and manufactures implants for use in specific implant systems developed by its customers. It makes orthopedic implants used primarily in knee and hip implant systems. The companys orthopedic implants are used in reconstructive surgeries to replace or repair hips, knees and other joints, such as shoulders, ankles, and elbows.
The company also manufactures implant products for trauma, spine and other implant systems. Trauma implant systems are used primarily to reattach or stabilize damaged bone or tissue while the body heals. Spinal implant systems are used by orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons in the treatment of degenerative diseases, deformities and injuries in various regions of the spine. The company produces gross shaped, near-net shaped and net shaped implants for medical device manufacturers. Its primary implant products and their applications are:
Knees: The knee joint includes the surfaces of three distinct bones: the lower end of the femur, the upper end of the tibia or shin bone, and the patella (knee cap). The companys knee implants include a femoral component, a patella, a tibial tray and an articulating surface (placed on the tibial tray) and are used in total knee reconstruction, partial knee reconstruction and revision procedures.
Hips: The hip joint consists of a ball-and-socket joint that enables a range of motion. The hip joint is often replaced due to degeneration of the cartilage between the head of the femur (the ball) and the acetabulum or hollow portion of the pelvis (the socket). The company produces tight tolerance femoral heads, hip stems, acetabular cups and spiked acetabular cups used in bone conservation, total-hip reconstruction and revision replacement procedures.
Extremities, Trauma, and Spine: Extremity reconstruction involves the use of an implant system to replace or reconstruct injured or diseased joints, such as the finger, toe, wrist, elbow, foot, ankle and shoulder. The companys spinal implant products consist primarily of plates and screws. It manufactures trauma and spinal plate implants to exact details to fit bone contours.
The company makes surgical instruments used in hip, knee and shoulder reconstruction procedures, as well as in spinal, trauma and other implant procedures. It designs, develops and manufactures implant-specific and procedure-specific instruments. The company has approximately 1,500 Symmetry standard products in its catalog plus approximately 13,000 individual items sold directly to hospitals.
The company primarily makes a range of knee cutting blocks (instruments that guide blades that cut bone), osteotome revision systems (instruments used to cut through bone), reamers (instruments used for shaping bone sockets or cavities) and retractors (instruments used to pull back tissue for clear sight during surgery). The instruments that the produce are typically used in either open, or revision implant procedures and can generally be categorized as: Implant-specific instruments, which are used solely for a specific brand of implant, such as knee cutting blocks, certain reamers and broaches; and Procedure-specific instruments, which are designed for a particular type of procedure, such as a hip implant procedure, but can be used
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Symmetry Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Symmetry Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Symmetry Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Symmetry Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Symmetry Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYMMETRY MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
Symmetry Medical, Inc. History
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
Symmetry Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Symmetry Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Symmetry Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Symmetry Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Symmetry Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Symmetry Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?