- The report contains detailed information about SurModics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SurModics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SurModics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SurModics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SurModics Inc. business.
About SurModics Inc.
SurModics, Inc. provides drug delivery and surface modification technologies to the healthcare industry. The companys primary offerings include: drug delivery technologies (coatings, microparticles, and implants); surface modification coating technologies that impart lubricity, prohealing, and biocompatibility characteristics; and components for in vitro diagnostic test kits and microarrays.
The companys drug delivery and surface modification technologies are utilized by its customers to enable drug delivery through its microparticle, polymer implant or device platforms, alter the characteristics of the surfaces of devices and biological materials (lubricity or hemocompatibility), or create new functions for the surfaces of the devices (drug delivery or promotion of healing).
The companys business units include Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, and In Vitro Diagnostics.
This unit consists of surface modification coating technologies to improve access, deliverability, and predictable deployment of medical devices, as well as drug delivery coating technologies to provide site-specific drug delivery from the surface of a medical device. End markets include coronary, peripheral, neuro-vascular, and urology.
This unit incorporates a range of drug delivery techniques for injectable therapeutics, including microparticles, nanoparticles, and implants. Customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies addressing a range of clinical applications, including ophthalmology, oncology, dermatology and neurology.
In Vitro Diagnostics
This unit consists of component products and technologies for diagnostic test kits and biomedical research applications. Products include microarray slide technologies, protein stabilization reagents, substrates and antigens.
SurModics Drug Delivery and Surface Modification Technologies
Coatings for Drug Delivery and Surface Modification: The companys drug delivery coating technologies allow therapeutic drugs to be incorporated within its proprietary polymer matrices to provide controlled, site specific release of the drug into the surrounding environment. It offers customers various distinct polymer families for site specific drug delivery. Its Bravo Drug Delivery Polymer Matrix is utilized on the CYPHER Sirolimus-eluting Coronary Stent from Cordis Corporation, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. In addition, it offers various biodegradable polymer technologies that can be used for drug delivery applications.
The companys PhotoLink technology utilizes proprietary, light activated (photochemical) reagents, which include polymers or active biomolecules having desired surface characteristics and an attached light reactive chemical compound (photogroup). Its proprietary PhotoLink reagents can be applied to various substrates.
Systemic and Local Drug Delivery Through Injectable Microparticles and Implants: The company offers customers drug delivery systems based on polymer-based microparticles and implants.
Drug Delivery: The company provides drug delivery polymer technology to enable controlled, site specific or systemic delivery of therapeutic agents. Its proprietary polymer reagents create coatings, microparticles and implants which serve as reservoirs for therapeutic drugs.
In Vitro Diagnostics Products
Stabilization Products: SurModics offers a line of stabilization products for the in vitro diagnostics market.
Substrates: SurModics provides colorimetric and chemiluminescent substrates to the in vitro diagnostics market.
Recombinant Human Antigens: SurModics is the North American distributor of DIARECT AGs line of recombinant autoimmune antigens. DIARECT produces these proteins and other components using biotechnological methods. DIARECT has capabilities in the bacilovirus/Sf9 expression system for autoimmune antigens, as well as E. coli systems for particular expression tasks.
Microarray Slide Products: SurModics offers microarray slide products for use in the diagnostic and biomedical research markets. Microarray slides are used by researchers for DNA analysis.
The companys licensed customers who allow the use of their name are Abbott Laboratories, Boston Scientific Corporation, Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals, Cook Medical, Cordis Corporation (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson), Edge Therapeutics, Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Evalve, Inc. (a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories), Elixir Medical Corporation, ev3 Inc. (a subsidiary of Covidien PLC), F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd. and its subsidiary Genentech, Inc., Medtronic, Inc., Nexeon MedSystems, Inc., NuPathe, Inc, OrbusNeich Medical, Inc., Spectranetics Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Inc., and ThermopeutiX, Inc.
SurModics, Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SURMODICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SURMODICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SURMODICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SURMODICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SURMODICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SurModics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SurModics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SurModics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SurModics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SurModics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SURMODICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SURMODICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SURMODICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SURMODICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SURMODICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SURMODICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SurModics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SurModics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SurModics Inc. Major Shareholders
SurModics Inc. History
SurModics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SurModics Inc. Offices and Representations
SurModics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SurModics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SurModics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SurModics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
SurModics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SurModics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SurModics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SurModics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SurModics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SurModics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SurModics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SurModics Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?