- The report contains detailed information about Steris Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Steris Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Steris Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Steris Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Steris Corp. business.
About Steris Corp.
STERIS Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of infection prevention, contamination control, microbial reduction, and surgical support products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, scientific, research, industrial, and governmental customers worldwide.
The company offers its customers a mix of capital products, such as sterilizers and surgical tables; consumable products, such as detergents and skin care products; and services, including equipment installation and maintenance; and the bulk sterilization of single-use medical devices.
The company operates in three reportable business segments: Healthcare, Life Sciences, and STERIS Isomedix Services (Isomedix).
The Healthcare segment manufactures and sells infrastructure capital equipment, accessory, consumable, and service solutions to healthcare providers, including acute care hospitals and surgery centers.
The company's capital equipment, accessory, and consumable solutions consist of:
Sterilizers, including low temperature liquid, vaporized hydrogen peroxide, and Ethylene Oxide (EO) technologies, as well as steam sterilization, that allow customers to meet sterility assurance standards and regulations and assist in the safe re-use of medical equipment and devices.
Automated washer/disinfector systems that clean and disinfect a range of items from rolling instrument carts and other healthcare equipment to small surgical instruments.
General and specialty surgical tables, surgical and examination lights, equipment management systems, operating room storage cabinets, warming cabinets, scrub sinks, and other complementary products and accessories for use in hospitals and other ambulatory surgery sites.
Cleaning chemistries and sterility assurance products used in instrument cleaning and decontamination systems.
Cleansing products, including hard surface disinfectants and skin care and hand hygiene solutions for use by care-givers and patients.
Connectivity solutions, such as operating room (OR) integration and instrument management that allow for transfer of information and images throughout the hospital and between hospitals throughout the world.
The company's significant brand names for these products include SYSTEM 1, SYSTEM 1E, Amsco, Hamo, Reliance, Cmax, Harmony, Kindest Kare, Alcare, Verify, and Cal Stat.
The Healthcare segment provides various preventive maintenance programs and repair services to support the operation of capital equipment over its lifetime. It offers these corrective and preventive service solutions to both customers who have internal clinical/biomedical engineering departments and customers who rely on the company to meet these needs. Field service personnel install, maintain, upgrade, repair, and troubleshoot equipment throughout the world. The company also offers sterilization management consulting services. It utilizes remote equipment monitoring technology to improve customers equipment uptime. Additionally, this segment provides other support services, such as construction and facility planning, engineering support, device testing, Customer education, hand hygiene process excellence, asset management/planning, and the sale of replacement parts.
The company's competitors include Getinge, Johnson & Johnson, 3M, Belimed, Berchtold, Cantel Medical, Cardinal, Ecolab, Hill-Rom, Kimberly-Clark, Skytron, and Stryker.
LIFE SCIENCES SEGMENT
The Life Sciences segment manufactures and sells a range of capital equipment, formulated cleaning chemistries, and service solutions to pharmaceutical companies, and private and public research facilities around the globe.
The company's capital equipment and formulated cleaning chemistries consist of:
Sterilizers used in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals, as well as sterilizers for equipment and instruments used in research studies, mitigating the risk of contamination.
Washer/disinfectors that decontaminate various large and small materials and components used in pharmaceutical and industrial
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STERIS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STERIS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STERIS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STERIS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STERIS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Steris Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Steris Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Steris Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Steris Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Steris Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. STERIS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STERIS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STERIS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STERIS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STERIS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STERIS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Steris Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Steris Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Steris Corp. Major Shareholders
Steris Corp. History
Steris Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Steris Corp. Offices and Representations
Steris Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Steris Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Steris Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Steris Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Steris Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Steris Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Steris Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Steris Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Steris Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Steris Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Steris Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Steris Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?