- The report contains detailed information about St. Jude Medical Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for St. Jude Medical Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The St. Jude Medical Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes St. Jude Medical Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of St. Jude Medical Inc. business.
About St. Jude Medical Inc.
St. Jude Medical Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes cardiovascular medical devices for the global cardiac rhythm management, cardiology, and cardiac surgery and atrial fibrillation therapy areas and neurostimulation medical devices for the management of chronic pain.
The companys four segments are Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM), Cardiovascular (CV), Atrial Fibrillation (AF), and Neuromodulation (NMD).
The CV operating segment focuses on both the cardiology and cardiac surgery therapy areas. The companys principal products in each operating segment are as follows: CRM tachycardia implantable cardioverter defibrillator systems (ICDs) and bradycardia pacemaker systems (pacemakers); CV vascular closure devices, heart valve replacement and repair products and pressure measurement guidewires; AF electrophysiology (EP) introducers and catheters, cardiac mapping, navigation and recording systems and ablation systems; and NMD neurostimulation devices. The principal geographic markets for its products are the United States, Europe, Japan, and the Asia Pacific.
Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM): CRM focuses on the research, development, and manufacture of products for cardiac arrhythmias, or irregular heart beats. In 2009, the company introduced multiple new products, including ICDs to provide life-saving therapy to patients suffering from lethal heart conditions, such as sudden cardiac arrest; cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices to save and improve the lives of heart failure (HF) patients; pacemakers to help people whose hearts beat too slowly or who suffer from other cardiac arrhythmias; and leads (wires that connect its devices to the heart) to carry electrical impulses to the heart and provide information to the device from the heart. CRM also develops and markets programmers and remote monitoring equipment that are used by physicians and healthcare professionals to program and analyze data from its devices for the management of their patients.
The companys ICDs and cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D) devices treat patients with hearts that beat inappropriately fast, a condition known as tachycardia. ICDs monitor the heartbeat and deliver high energy electrical impulses, or shocks, to terminate ventricular tachycardia (VT) and ventricular fibrillation (VF). The SJ4 connector system, which includes the Durata SJ4 defibrillation lead and the Current ICD or Promote CRT-D families, reduces the procedure time, and volume of leads implanted in the chest cavity.
The companys Current Accel, Promote Accel, and AnalyST Accel devices are designed to adjust settings automatically to further improve patient safety and minimize scheduled patient follow-ups. In addition, the AnalyST Accel devices represent its second generation ICD devices capable of continuously monitoring the electrical charges between heartbeats, providing physicians insight into clinical events to help improve patient management.
In addition, its product portfolio includes the Current RF (radio frequency) VR/DR (single chamber/dual chamber) ICDs and Promote RF CRT-D. Other ICD offerings include the Epic II+ DR and high energy Atlas II+ DR and Atlas II VR/DR ICDs that offer its vibratory patient alert feature. Other CRT-D product offerings include the Epic II HF and high energy Atlas II HF CRT-Ds.
The St. Jude Medical QuickOpt Timing Cycle Optimization technology provides for automatic optimized ventricle to ventricle (V-V) and atria to ventricle (A-V) timing in St. Jude Medical CRT-Ds and dual-chamber ICDs.
The companys ICDs are used with the single- and dual-shock electrode transvenous defibrillation leads. The companys ICD lead offerings include the Durata SJ4 and Durata high voltage lead, which features a soft silicone tip and curved right-ventricular (RV) coil. The Riata leads are a family of small-diameter, steroid-eluting, active, or passive fixation defibrillation leads. The company also provides additional tools for placement of LV leads that include the CPS Direct, CPS Aim, CPS Luminary, CPS Duo, CPS Courier guidewires, and the CPS Venture wire control
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. St. Jude Medical Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of St. Jude Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of St. Jude Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. St. Jude Medical Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. St. Jude Medical Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ST. JUDE MEDICAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
St. Jude Medical Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
St. Jude Medical Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
St. Jude Medical Inc. Major Shareholders
St. Jude Medical Inc. History
St. Jude Medical Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
St. Jude Medical Inc. Offices and Representations
St. Jude Medical Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
St. Jude Medical Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
St. Jude Medical Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
St. Jude Medical Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
St. Jude Medical Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
St. Jude Medical Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
St. Jude Medical Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
St. Jude Medical Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
St. Jude Medical Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
St. Jude Medical Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
St. Jude Medical Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
St. Jude Medical Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?