- The report contains detailed information about The Spectranetics Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Spectranetics Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Spectranetics Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Spectranetics Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Spectranetics Corporation business.
About The Spectranetics Corporation
The Spectranetics Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of single-use medical devices used in minimally invasive procedures with in the cardiovascular system. The companys products are used to treat arterial blockages in the heart and legs, as well as the removal of problematic pacemaker and defibrillator leads.
The company has two business units, Vascular Intervention and Lead Management.
Vascular Intervention Business Unit
The Vascular Intervention business unit includes a range of peripheral and cardiac laser catheters for ablation of occluded arteries above and below the knee (peripheral atherectomy) and with in coronary arteries (coronary atherectomy); aspiration and thrombectomy catheters for the removal of thrombus (thrombus management); and support catheters to facilitate crossing of coronary and peripheral arterial blockages (crossing solutions).
Lead Management Business Unit
The Lead Management business unit includes excimer laser sheaths, non-laser sheaths and cardiac lead management accessories for the removal of problematic pacemaker and defibrillator cardiac leads.
VASCULAR INTERVENTION PRODUCTS
The company has four primary product categories for the Vascular Intervention product line: Peripheral Atherectomy, Coronary Atherectomy, Thrombus Management, and Crossing Solutions.
Peripheral Laser Atherectomy
The peripheral atherectomy product line consists of a selection of proprietary laser catheters that are indicated for above-the-knee and below-the-knee treatments. The companys laser catheters are offered in sizes ranging from 0.9 to 2.5 millimeters in diameter and contain up to 250 small, flexible optical fibers mounted with in a thin plastic tube. These fibers are coupled to the laser using its intelligent connector, which identifies the catheter type to its CVX-300 laser computer, and automatically controls the calibration cycle and energy output. The companys laser catheter is inserted into an artery through a small incision and then guided to the site of the blockage or lesion using conventional angioplasty tools, such as guidewires. When the tip of the laser catheter has been placed at the site of the blockage or lesion, the physician activates the laser to ablate the blockage or lesion.
Turbo Elite: The Turbo Elite catheter is designed specifically for the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) in infraninguinal (leg) arteries. It is indicated for the treatment of stenoses and occlusions with in the arteries of the leg and has no known contraindications. The Turbo Elite laser catheters are available in 0.9, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0, 2.3 and 2.5 mm tip diameters and incorporate advanced features (80-Hz capability, continuous on lasing and lubricious coating) for improved pushability, trackability and ablation capability.
Turbo-Booster: The Turbo-Booster functions as a laser guide catheter for the Turbo Elite laser catheters. Turbo-Booster allows for circumferential guidance and positioning of the laser catheter with in the vessel. Turbo-Booster and Turbo Elite combined are engineered to remove plaque, create lumens, treat long, diffuse disease, and target both eccentric and concentric lesions in the superficial femoral artery (SFA) and popliteal arteries.
Turbo-Tandem: The Turbo-Tandem is a combination of a 7French laser guide catheter integrated with a 2.0 mm equivalent laser catheter. It is designed to create larger lumens to perform atherectomy and ablation of plaque in arterial lesions above the knee, primarily with in the superficial femoral and popliteal arteries, restoring blood flow to the lower extremities. Based upon the design of the Turbo-Booster, the company made product improvements which included the addition of a handle to facilitate proper positioning of the laser catheter on the ramp; the distal tip; and the ramp angle. The angled ramp at the tip of the guide catheter allows the physician circumferential guidance and positioning of the laser catheter with in the vessel, and push-button control allows use of the Turbo-Tandem for repeated passes through the vessel.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Spectranetics Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Spectranetics Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Spectranetics Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Spectranetics Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Spectranetics Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE SPECTRANETICS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Spectranetics Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Spectranetics Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Spectranetics Corporation Major Shareholders
The Spectranetics Corporation History
The Spectranetics Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Spectranetics Corporation Offices and Representations
The Spectranetics Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Spectranetics Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Spectranetics Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
The Spectranetics Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
The Spectranetics Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Spectranetics Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Spectranetics Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Spectranetics Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
The Spectranetics Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
The Spectranetics Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Spectranetics Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Spectranetics Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?