- The report contains detailed information about Span-America Medical Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Span-America Medical Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Span-America Medical Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Span-America Medical Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Span-America Medical Systems Inc. business.
About Span-America Medical Systems Inc.
Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. manufactures and distributes therapeutic support surfaces and related products utilizing polyurethane and other foam products for the medical, consumer, and industrial markets.
The company's medical products consist of polyurethane foam mattress overlays, therapeutic support surfaces (which consist of non-powered and powered therapeutic support surfaces), patient positioners, seating products, and Selan skin care products. It sells these products primarily in North America to customers in the major segments of the health care market, including acute care hospitals, long-term care facilities, and home health care providers.
Mattress Overlays: The company produces various foam mattress overlays, including convoluted foam pads and its patented Geo-Matt overlay. The companys mattress overlays disperse body heat, increase air circulation beneath the patient, and reduce moisture accumulation to aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
Therapeutic Support Surfaces: The company's non-powered therapeutic support surfaces fall into two main product categories, such as the Geo-Mattress all-foam products and the non-powered portion of the PressureGuard product line. Geo-Mattress products are single-density or multi-layered foam mattresses topped with the same patented Geo-Matt surface used in its overlays. These mattresses are sold as alternatives to standard innerspring and all-foam mattresses often found in acute and long-term care settings.
The company offers the Geo-Mattress Max, Plus, and Pro models of foam therapeutic support surfaces. Span-Americas complex non-powered support surfaces consist of products from the PressureGuard series.
In addition to the non-powered, static PressureGuard Renew, the company offers the PressureGuard CFT. This model incorporates patented design principles of constant force technology. The company sells all of the powered products in the PressureGuard Series to long-term care facilities, usually through its distributors, and to home health care equipment dealers for daily rental in the home care market. It also sells the PressureGuard products in the acute care market.
The company offers the PressureGuard Custom Care series, which consists of three distinct product offerings targeted in large part at the acute care marketplace.
Patient Positioners: The companys specialty line of patient positioners is sold primarily under the name Span-Aids. This is its original product line and consists of approximately 300 different foam items that aid in relieving the basic patient positioning problems of elevation, immobilization, muscle contracture, foot drop, and foot or leg rotation. Among the Span-Aids products the company markets include abduction pillows, body aligners, head supports, limb elevators, and foot and wrist positioners. It sells patient positioners primarily to hospitals and long-term care facilities through various national medical products distributors.
Seating Products: Another product category in the company's medical segment consists of seat cushions and related seating products for wheelchairs, Geri-chairs (typically used in long-term care facilities) and other health care seating needs. The companys offerings in this category can be subdivided into three main groups, including wound healing aids; patient positioning and general pressure management products; and pressure management products without patient positioning features.
Seating products made specifically as an aid to wound healing include the Isch-Dish and Sacral Dish pressure relief cushions. Seating products made for patient positioning and general pressure management include the Isch-Dish Thin, the Geo-Matt Contour cushion, the Equalizer, and the EZ-Dish. The Equalizer contoured positioning cushion has a multi-component design that includes a viscoelastic foam top, proprietary soft polymer inserts, and a contoured base.
Skin Care Products: The company also markets the Selan line of skin care creams and lotions under a license agreement with PJ Noyes Company. The products, which are manufactured by PJ Noyes, are used for cleaning, moi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Span-America Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Span-America Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPAN-AMERICA MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. History
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Span-America Medical Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?