- The report contains detailed information about Source BioScience plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Source BioScience plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Source BioScience plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Source BioScience plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Source BioScience plc business.
About Source BioScience plc
Medical Solutions plc operates as a healthcare company. The company provides services and technology for Cancer Diagnosis and Pathology, supporting the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sectors.
The company operates in two divisions: The Services Division and The Technology Division.
The Services Division
The Services Division provides specialist pathology-based services and biomaterials resources to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry, and public and private healthcare providers based in the U.K. and Dubai. The Services Division has access to an established tissue bank and a network of approximately 60 specialist pathologists to provide reporting services to both the NHS and the private sector.
U.K. Diagnostic Pathology: The U.K. operation is solely histopathology-based with operations in London and Nottingham. In London, the companys specialist laboratory in Harley Street provides histopathology services to both private and public healthcare providers. In Nottingham, it provides outsourced histopathology consulting services to NHS Trusts and carries out various specialized laboratory tests. The companys Reference Laboratory in the U.K. used by Roche to carry out its HER-2 test on tissue to establish whether a patient responds to its drug Herceptin for breast cancer.
Dubai Diagnostic Pathology: The Dubai Diagnostic Pathology comprises the pathology laboratory of the Welcare Hospital together with a small, histopathology based business known as Histopathology and Speciality Laboratories (HSL). The company acquired Medical Laboratories and Specialised Clinical Laboratories in Dubai.
Drug Development Services: The companys Drug Development Services business unit offers diagnostic and therapeutic testing services to support drug discovery and development and assists pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in identifying the markers most closely linked with response to therapy during clinical trials. The company is focuses on cancer research particularly in the development of new surrogate markers.
The company also offers its clients access to a range of ethically sourced human biomaterials with donor consent and demographic and medical history.
The company, through Synexus, Ltd., provides histopathology services for a Phase III study into the reduction of prostate cancer risk.
The Technology Division
The Technology Division has a range of products, including specialist software in virtual microscopy, telepathology, image analysis and tissue quantification. The company also distributes and supports the SurePath Liquid Based Cytology (LBC) system for the preparation and analysis of cervical smear samples. SurePath is one of two systems approved by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) for use in England and Wales.
SurePath Liquid Based Cytology
SurePath is an FDA-approved Liquid Based Cytology system distributed by the company under licences and intended for use in the screening and detection of cervical cancer. Second Opinion Solutions AS holds the intellectual property for PathSight, a Fairfield Imaging product.
Medical Solutions FZ LLC is the companys main operation in Dubai and includes the pathology laboratory in the Welcare Hospital and the Histopathology & Speciality Laboratory.
Medical Solutions (London) Limited is a histopathology laboratory in Harley Street, London.
The company provides telepathology workstations and has a suite of histopathology software for virtual microscopy which is made up of three programmes: PathSight, PathScope and PathScan.
The company maintains collaborations with companies, such as Hamamatsu Photonics KK to develop new product lines, such as the NanoZoomer, a scanning device used to scan and store microscope slide images.
In the Services Division, the company acquired Dubai Medical Laboratories (DML) and Specialised Clinical Laboratories (SCL) in 2005.
In the Technology Division, the company sold both Kinetic Imaging, Inc. and Kinetic Imaging Limited to Andor Technology plc. The company also sold and leaseback its Nottingham facility.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Source BioScience plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Source BioScience plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Source BioScience plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Source BioScience plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Source BioScience plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOURCE BIOSCIENCE PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Source BioScience plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Source BioScience plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Source BioScience plc Major Shareholders
Source BioScience plc History
Source BioScience plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Source BioScience plc Offices and Representations
Source BioScience plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Source BioScience plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Source BioScience plc Capital Market Snapshot
Source BioScience plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Source BioScience plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Source BioScience plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Source BioScience plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Source BioScience plc 1-year Stock Charts
Source BioScience plc 5-year Stock Charts
Source BioScience plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Source BioScience plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Source BioScience plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?