- The report contains detailed information about Solta Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Solta Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Solta Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Solta Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Solta Medical, Inc. business.
About Solta Medical, Inc.
Solta Medical, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of energy-based medical device systems for aesthetic applications.
The companys systems are marketed under the brand names Fraxel and Thermage and are FDA-cleared for dermatological procedures in the following applications:
Skin Tightening: The Thermage NXT and CPT systems offer non-invasive treatment options for skin tightening and contouring, body shaping, and improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
Skin Rejuvenation: The Fraxel re:fine, Fraxel re:store, and Fraxel re:store Dual systems offer treatments for skin conditions such as fine lines and pigmentation. In addition, the Fraxel re:store system offers treatments for acne and surgical scars, deeper lines and wrinkles, and actinic keratoses.
Skin Resurfacing: The Fraxel re:pair system is for dermatological procedures requiring ablation, coagulation and resurfacing of soft tissue, as well as for rhytides, pigmentation and vascular dyschromia.
The company markets its systems and treatment tips in the United States to physician practices primarily through a direct sales force and internationally in approximately 100 countries through both a network of distributors and direct sales force.
The companys customers consist primarily of dermatologists and plastic surgeons and its expanded customer base includes other specialties, such as general and family practitioners, gynecologists, ophthalmologists and others. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a global installed base of approximately 5,000 systems.
Fraxel re:store DUAL System
Launched in September 2009, the Fraxel re:store Dual system provides results for large body areas during a single treatment. The Fraxel re:store Dual takes the fractional laser technology to the next level by adding a 1927 nm wavelength optimized for dermatological procedures requiring coagulation of soft tissue. The Fraxel re:store Dual provides a treatment for pigment to IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) devices.
Fraxel re:store System
The companys Fraxel re:store system offers a fractional non-ablative treatment utilizing a fiber laser. The Fraxel re:store system provides a solution for skin conditions, such as wrinkles, acne scars, skin texture and tone, and pigmentation, including melasma. This system can be operated at a range of treatment levels offering the clinician the versatility to treat both superficial and deep conditions based on the patients needs and preferences. Its targeted customer base for the Fraxel re:store system is physicians who have experience with aesthetic lasers or otherwise have practices performing various aesthetic treatments.
Fraxel re:fine System
The companys Fraxel re:fine system offers a fractional non-ablative treatment utilizing a fiber laser. The Fraxel re:fine system provides treatment solution in a compact design. The Fraxel re:fine system is for physician practices that want to provide treatment for skin tone and texture, pigmentation and fine lines. Its target customer for the Fraxel re:fine system is a physician practice that is expanding into aesthetics or has a younger patient base primarily interested in preventative or lighter treatments.
Fraxel re:pair System
The companys Fraxel re:pair system offers a fractional ablative treatment utilizing a CO 2 laser. The Fraxel re:pair system has received FDA 510(k) clearance for dermatological procedures requiring ablation, coagulation and resurfacing of soft tissue.
Thermage NXT and CPT Systems
Thermage NXT and CPT system use the companys patented method of delivering monopolar RF energy for heating collagen.
Monopolar Radiofrequency: Monopolar RF delivery uses two electrodes, with one active electrode being held in the device hand piece by the physician and the second, a passive return electrode, attached to the patients back.
The Treatment Tip Capacitive Coupling Mechanism of Action for Collagen Heating: The single-use treatment tip device contains patented technology that uses monopolar RF energy as a controlled tissue heating source through the use of a non-conducting material, known as a dielectric.
Comfort and Safety: The companys system regulates a combination of inputs to distribute RF energy over the treatment site, including temperature and pressure sensors at each corner of the treatment tip and pre-programmed power levels and times for specific treatments.
Sales and Marketing
The company sells Thermage and Fraxel systems to physicians in the United States. Outside of the United States, the company primarily sells Thermage and Fraxel systems to physicians in approximately 100 countries through independent distributors. In select countries such as Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, Canada and the United Kingdom, the company also has direct sales organizations.
The company competes directly against laser and light-based skin rejuvenation products and procedures offered by companies such as Alma Laser, Cutera, Cynosure, Lumenis, Lutronic, Palomar Medical Technologies, Sciton and Syneron Medical.
Solta Medical, Inc. was founded in 1951.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Solta Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Solta Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Solta Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Solta Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Solta Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOLTA MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Solta Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Solta Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Solta Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
Solta Medical, Inc. History
Solta Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Solta Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
Solta Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Solta Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Solta Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Solta Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Solta Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Solta Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Solta Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Solta Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Solta Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Solta Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Solta Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Solta Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?