- The report contains detailed information about Smith & Nephew plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smith & Nephew plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smith & Nephew plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smith & Nephew plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smith & Nephew plc business.
About Smith & Nephew plc
Smith & Nephew plc engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of medical devices in the orthopaedics, endoscopy, and advanced wound management sectors.
The company is organized into three business units of Orthopaedics, Endoscopy and Advanced Wound Management.
The Orthopaedics business comprises reconstruction, trauma, and clinical therapies products. Orthopaedic reconstruction implants include hip, knee, and shoulder joints, as well as ancillary products, such as bone cement and mixing systems used in cemented reconstruction joint surgery. Orthopaedic trauma fixation products consist of internal and external devices and orthobiological materials used in the stabilization of severe fractures and deformity correction procedures. Clinical therapies products are those that are applied in an orthopaedic office or clinical setting and include bone growth stimulation, joint fluid therapies and outpatient pain management products.
Knee Implant Systems The Orthopaedics business offers a range of products for specialised knee procedures. The LEGION/GENESIS II Total Knee Systems is a system designed to allow surgeons to address a range of knee procedures from primary to revision. The JOURNEY Active Knee Solutions, a family of advanced, customized products designed to treat early to mid-stage osteoarthritis patients, provides normal feeling and motion through bone ligament preservation and anatomic replication. Other knee systems include the PLUS Solution Knee Family and PROFIX Knee.
Hip Implant Systems The Orthopaedics business offers a range of hip replacement systems. The R3 Acetabular System includes a modular acetabular cup that provides various advanced bearings available with a single system. The BIRMINGHAM HIP Resurfacing System is the system for hip resurfacing, a bone conserving approach, which utilizes low wear metal-on-metal bearing surface technology. Other hip systems include the SYNERGY Hip System, ANTHOLOGY Hip System, and the SL-PLUS Hip Family System.
Bearing surfaces The Orthopaedics business utilizes a range of bearing surfaces in its implant systems, including its proprietary OXINIUM Technology. Oxidised zirconium, branded OXINIUM, combines the wear resistance of a ceramic bearing with the durability of a metallic bearing.
Trauma and Shoulder Implant Systems The principal internal fixation products are the TRIGEN Intramedullary Nailing system, the TRIGEN INTERTAN Intertrochanteric Antegrade nails for hip fractures, and the PERI-LOC Periarticular Locked Plating system which offers a family of upper and lower extremity plate and screw products.
For external fixation and limb restoration, Orthopaedics offers the TAYLOR SPATIAL FRAME Circular Fixation System and JET-X Unilateral Fixator.
The PROMOS Modular Shoulder System offers a range of solutions for shoulder arthritis and upper extremity fractures.
Clinical therapies The principal clinical therapies products offered include the EXOGEN Ultrasound Bone Healing System which utilises low-intensity ultrasound to accelerate the healing of fresh fractures. DUROLANE Joint Fluid Therapy and SUPARTZ Joint Fluid Therapy are non-surgical, non-pharmacological pain-relieving therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee that acts like a lubricant and shock absorber in healthy joints.
In 2009, the company has lunched the BIRMINGHAM Mid-Head Resection resurfacing system in international markets. The Orthopaedics business also introduced its VISIONAIRE Patient-Matched Instrumentation, a key new technology platform of patient-matched cutting blocks for total knee procedures. With VISIONAIRE, the patients MRI and X-rays are used to create customized cutting blocks that allow the surgeon to achieve optimal mechanical axis alignment. Trauma completed development of the TRIGEN SURESHOT Distal Targeting System for Intramedullary Nailing, designed for intramedullary nailing.
The company's global competitors in orthopaedics are Zimmer, Stryker, DePuy/Johnson & Johnson, Synthes, and Biomet. It also competes with DJ Ortho, Orthofix, Genzyme, Sanofi Aventis, and Ferring Pharma
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smith & Nephew plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smith & Nephew plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smith & Nephew plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smith & Nephew plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smith & Nephew plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smith & Nephew plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smith & Nephew plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smith & Nephew plc Major Shareholders
Smith & Nephew plc History
Smith & Nephew plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smith & Nephew plc Offices and Representations
Smith & Nephew plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smith & Nephew plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smith & Nephew plc Capital Market Snapshot
Smith & Nephew plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Smith & Nephew plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smith & Nephew plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smith & Nephew plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smith & Nephew plc 1-year Stock Charts
Smith & Nephew plc 5-year Stock Charts
Smith & Nephew plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smith & Nephew plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smith & Nephew plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?