- The report contains detailed information about Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. business.
About Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc.
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, hospices, and a rehabilitation therapy business.
The companys services focus primarily on the medical and physical issues facing elderly high-acuity patients and are provided by its skilled nursing companies, assisted living companies, integrated and third-party rehabilitation therapy business, and hospice business.
The company has two reportable operating segmentsLong-Term Care (LTC), which includes the operation of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities; and Ancillary Services, which includes its integrated and third-party rehabilitation therapy and hospice businesses.
Long-Term Care Services Segment
Skilled Nursing Facilities
As of December 31, 2009, the companys skilled nursing companies provided skilled nursing care at 78 clustered facilities, having 9,704 licensed beds, in California, Texas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nevada, and New Mexico. The company has developed programs for, and markets its services to, high-acuity patients, who are typically admitted to its facilities as they recover from strokes, other neurological conditions, cardiovascular and respiratory ailments, joint replacements, and other muscular or skeletal disorders.
The company uses interdisciplinary teams of medical professionals, including therapists, to provide services prescribed by physicians. It also provides standard services to each of its skilled nursing patients, including room and board, special nutritional programs, social services, recreational activities, and related healthcare and other services.
The company has an Express Recovery program, which uses a unit within a skilled nursing facility to deliver a rehabilitation regimen in accommodations designed to serve high-acuity patients. Each Express Recovery Unit can typically be entered without using the main facility entrance, permitting residents to bypass portions of the facility allocated to the traditional nursing home patient. Each Express Recovery Unit typically has 12 to 36 beds and provides skilled nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for patients recovering from conditions, such as joint replacement surgery, and cardiac and respiratory ailments. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 57 Express Recovery Units with 2,001 beds. The company has an administrative service company that provides a complement of administrative and consultative services that allows its facility operators and third-party facility operators with whom it contracts to focus on delivery of healthcare services.
Assisted Living Facilities
The company complements its skilled nursing care business by providing assisted living services at 22 facilities with 1,250 beds as of December 31, 2009. The companys assisted living companies provide residential accommodations, activities, meals, security, housekeeping, and assistance in the activities of daily living to seniors who are independent or who require support, but not the level of nursing care provided in a skilled nursing facility. The companys independent living units are non-licensed independent living apartments in which residents are independent and require no support with the activities of daily living.
Equity Investment in Pharmacy Joint Venture
The company has an investment in APSSummit Care Pharmacy, LLC (APSSummit Care), a limited liability company joint venture, which serves its pharmaceutical needs for its Texas operations. APSSummit Care is owned 50% by the company and 50% by APS Acquisition, LLC. APSSummit Care operates a pharmacy in Austin, Texas.
Ancillary Services Segment
Rehabilitation Therapy Services
As of December 31, 2009, the company provided rehabilitation therapy services to a total of 163 healthcare facilities, including 68 facilities owned by the company. In addition, the company has contracts to manage the rehabilitation therapy services for its ten healthcare facilities in New Mexico. The company provides rehabilitation therapy services at its skilled nursing facilities as part of an integrated service offering in connection with its skilled nursing care. It also provides rehabilitation therapy services to third-party skilled nursing operators in its local markets.
The company provides hospice services in California and New Mexico. Hospice services focus on the physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of both terminally ill individuals and their families, and consist of palliative and clinical care, education, and counseling.
Local Referral Network
The company has strategic alliances with medical centers in its local markets, including Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, Texas; St. Josephs Hospital in Orange County, California; and White Memorial in Los Angeles, California.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. History
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?