- The report contains detailed information about Response Biomedical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Response Biomedical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Response Biomedical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Response Biomedical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Response Biomedical Corp. business.
About Response Biomedical Corp.
Response Biomedical Corporation engages in the research, development, commercialization and distribution of diagnostic technologies for the medical point of care (POC) and on-site environmental testing markets.
The company uses its RAMP Technology enabling for the commercialization of highly sensitive and quantitative (producing a numeric result) diagnostic tests in a simple-to-use, portable format. This format comprises a portable fluorescence Reader common to all tests, and single-use, disposable test cartridges (Cartridges) that contain an analyte specific, lateral flow immunoassay.
Cardiovascular Testing Products
The major focus of its development programs has been clinical tests for the quantification of cardiac markers. There are three primary markers for the detection of a heart attack: Myoglobin, CK-MB, and Troponin-I.
In 2008, the company received regulatory clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market the RAMP NT-proBNP Assay as an aid to the rapid diagnosis of heart failure. The RAMP NT-proBNP Assay is clinically concordant with the Roche Elecsys proBNP Test and allows the hospital to have standardized clinical decision points for NT-proBNP in both their emergency rooms and central laboratories.
Infectious Diseases Testing Products
The company engages in the development of a test for Staphylococcus aureus (Staph A) in collaboration with 3M Company (3M). In 2008, the company announced FDA 510(k) market clearance for the RAMP Rapid Influenza A/B Assay and the RAMP 200 Reader, on which the test is run.
In 2008, the company initiated a clinical trial, in collaboration with 3M, of its RAMP test to detect Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). The test is a qualitative immunochromatographic assay indicated for use as an in vitro diagnostic product to identify the presence of the RSV antigen. The product was launched in the U.S. in 2009.
The companys competitors include Abbott Point of Care Inc.; Becton Dickinson Corporation; Dade Behring; Inverness Medical Innovations; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; Roche Diagnostics; and Quidel Corporation.
On-Site Environmental Testing Market
The company participates in two distinct areas of the environmental market. The first is biodefense, where RAMP products are used for the detection and identification of threatening biological agents, and the second is the vector infectious disease testing market, where a RAMP product is used, for example, to test samples from mosquito pools for West Nile Virus to monitor the threat to humans.
The company has developed and is the process of selling RAMP tests for the rapid detection and identification of anthrax, ricin, botulinum toxin and pox. The companys target market for its RAMP Biodefense tests is primarily public safety institutions (or first responders), such as fire and police departments, military installations, emergency response teams and HAZMAT (hazardous materials) units. Government agencies and corporations that handle mail are also candidates for an on-site test for anthrax. The rapid detection and identification of biological agents is an important capability affecting the management of a bioterrorism event, forming the basis of emergency response, medical treatment, and consequence management.
The company markets and sells its biodefense products through a network of regional distributors in the United States, and country-specific national distributors in certain other countries. These efforts are supplemented by direct sales in some geographical territories. RAMP biodefense systems are been sold in Canada, the United States, Saipan, Guam, Japan, Italy, Australia, Ireland, Israel, Korea, China, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. Customers include UNMOVIC, the United States Air Force, the United States Army, Canadian Department of Defense, Health Canada, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. RAMP Systems are being used in major U.S. markets including Chicago, Orlando, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, West Palm Beach, Atlanta, and Houston.
Competition: The companys competitors are Alexeter Technologies LLC, New Horizons Diagnostics, ADVNT Inc., Idaho Technology Inc., Tetracore, Inc., Smiths Detection BioSeeq, and QTL/MSA.
Response Biomedical Corporation was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Response Biomedical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Response Biomedical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Response Biomedical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Response Biomedical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Response Biomedical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Response Biomedical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Response Biomedical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Response Biomedical Corp. Major Shareholders
Response Biomedical Corp. History
Response Biomedical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Response Biomedical Corp. Offices and Representations
Response Biomedical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Response Biomedical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Response Biomedical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Response Biomedical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Response Biomedical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Response Biomedical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Response Biomedical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Response Biomedical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Response Biomedical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Response Biomedical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Response Biomedical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Response Biomedical Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?