- The report contains detailed information about Rehabcare Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rehabcare Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rehabcare Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rehabcare Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rehabcare Group Inc. business.
About Rehabcare Group Inc.
RehabCare Group, Inc. provides rehabilitation program management services. The company offers its services in approximately 1,200 hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, outpatient facilities and other long-term care facilities located in 41 states. In partnership with healthcare providers, the company provides post-acute program management, medical direction, physical therapy rehabilitation, quality assurance, compliance review, specialty programs and census development services.
The company operates in two business segments, including Program Management Services and Hospitals.
Program Management Services
Program Management Services segment consists of two business units, including hospital rehabilitation services (which includes inpatient acute and subacute rehabilitation programs and outpatient therapy programs) and skilled nursing rehabilitation services.
Inpatient: The company developed a business model in the prospective payment environment, and helps clients achieve required outcomes in their inpatient rehabilitation settings.
Inpatient Rehabilitation: The company operates inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) in acute-care hospitals on a contract basis. As of December 31, 2009, it managed inpatient rehabilitation facilities in 106 hospitals for patients with various diagnoses, including stroke, orthopedic conditions, arthritis, spinal cord, and traumatic brain injuries.
The company establishes IRFs in acute-care hospitals that have vacant space and unmet rehabilitation needs in their markets. In the inpatient division, its relationships with hospitals are in the form of contracts for management services which are typically three to five years in duration.
Subacute Rehabilitation: As of December 31, 2009, the company managed 9 inpatient skilled nursing units. The hospital-based skilled nursing unit enables patients to remain in a hospital setting where emergency needs can be met as opposed to being sent to a freestanding skilled nursing facility. These types of units are located within the acute-care hospital and are separately licensed.
Outpatient: The company provides therapy services to patients with work-related and sports-related illnesses and injuries. As of December 31, 2009, it managed 30 hospital-based and satellite outpatient therapy programs. An outpatient therapy program complements the hospitals occupational medicine initiatives and allows therapy to be continued for patients discharged from inpatient rehabilitation facilities and medical/surgical beds. An outpatient therapy program also attracts patients into the hospital and is operated either on the client hospitals campus or in satellite locations controlled by the hospital.
Skilled Nursing Rehabilitation Services: As of December 31, 2009, the company managed 1,118 contract therapy programs. Its typical contract therapy client has a 120 bed skilled nursing facility. The company manages therapy services, including physical and occupational therapy and speech/language pathology for the skilled nursing facility and in other settings that provide services to the senior population. It provides its clients improved scheduling, clinical protocols, patient outcomes, compliance with Medicare requirements and therapist productivity through the use of handheld point of service devices by its therapists.
This segment owns MeadowBrook Healthcare, Inc. (MeadowBrook), an operator of two rehabilitation hospitals and two long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs). These facilities treat patients who require inpatient rehabilitative care and patients with medically complex diagnoses. Patient care is provided by nursing and therapy staff as directed by a physician order. In 2009, the company acquired Triumph HealthCare Holdings, Inc.,
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 28 LTACHs and 6 rehabilitation hospitals. The company is the sole owner of 20 of these hospitals. It retains a 51% to 87% ownership in the remaining 14 jointly owned hospitals. Its hospitals are located in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Dakota and Colorado. Its facilities range in size from 20 to 115 licensed beds. The company also owns a 40% equity interest in a freestanding rehabilitation hospital in Kokomo, Indiana.
The clinical services the company provides in LTACHs include nursing care, rehabilitation therapies, pulmonology, respiratory care, cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, ventilator weaning, dialysis services, IV antibiotic therapy, total parenteral nutrition, wound care, vacuum assisted closure, pain management and diabetes management. The majority of its LTACH patients are covered by Medicare.
The companys rehabilitation hospitals provide the medical, nursing, therapy, and ancillary services. The outpatient services offered by its hospital division assist it in managing patients through their post-acute continuum of care. The majority of the companys inpatient rehabilitation facility patients are covered by Medicare.
In the hospital segment, the company develops joint venture relationships with acute care hospitals and physician practices whereby the joint venture owns and/or operates the LTACH or rehabilitation facility, and provides management services to the facility, which include billing, collection, and other facility management services.
In 2009, the company sold its Phase 2 Consulting, Inc. (Phase 2) business, which provided management and economic consulting services to the healthcare industry.
The company competes with HealthSouth Corporation, Select Medical Corporation, and Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
RehabCare Group, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REHABCARE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REHABCARE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REHABCARE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REHABCARE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REHABCARE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rehabcare Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rehabcare Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rehabcare Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rehabcare Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rehabcare Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. REHABCARE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REHABCARE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REHABCARE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REHABCARE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REHABCARE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REHABCARE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rehabcare Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rehabcare Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rehabcare Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Rehabcare Group Inc. History
Rehabcare Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rehabcare Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Rehabcare Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rehabcare Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rehabcare Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rehabcare Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Rehabcare Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rehabcare Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rehabcare Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rehabcare Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rehabcare Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rehabcare Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rehabcare Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rehabcare Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?