- The report contains detailed information about Quidel Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quidel Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quidel Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quidel Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quidel Corp. business.
About Quidel Corp.
Quidel Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of diagnostic testing solutions for applications primarily in infectious diseases, and reproductive and womens health. The company sells its products directly to end users and distributors, in each case, for professional use in physician offices, hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, universities, retail clinics, and wellness screening centers. The company markets its products in the U.S. through a network of national and regional distributors, and a direct sales force. Internationally, the company sells and markets primarily in Japan, Europe, and the Middle East through exclusive distributor arrangements.
On February 19, 2010, the company acquired Diagnostic Hybrids, Inc. (DHI), a privately-held in vitro diagnostics (IVD) company that manufactures and commercializes direct fluorescent IVD assays used in hospital and reference laboratories for various diseases, including viral respiratory infections, herpes, Chlamydia, and other viral infections, and thyroid diseases.
During 2009, the company provided POC and other diagnostic tests under the following brand names: QuickVue, QuickVue+, Quidel, and MicroVue. The companys POC diagnostic tests and its diagnostic and research markers participate in the following medical and wellness categories:
Influenza: The companys influenza tests are qualitative tests for the detection of the viral antigens of influenza type A and B. The companys second generation test, the QuickVue Influenza A+B test allows for the differential diagnosis of influenza type A and type B.
Group A Strep: The companys QuickVue Strep A tests are intended for the qualitative detection of Group A Streptococcal antigen from throat swabs or confirmation of presumptive Group A Streptococcal colonies recovered from culture. The tests are to be used to aid in the diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal infection.
RSV Test: The companys QuickVue RSV test is an immunoassay for Respiratory Syncitial Virus (RSV). The majority of upper respiratory tract infections in children are caused by viruses and RSV is generally recognized as a frequent agent responsible for these infections. The company launched its RSV test during the fourth quarter of 2006, and the company received CLIA waiver in February 2008.
Reproductive and Womens Health
Pregnancy: The companys QuickVue pregnancy tests are used in both physicians office labs and acute care settings. The early detection of pregnancy enables the physician and patient to institute proper care, helping to promote the health of both the woman and the developing embryo. The companys QuickVue pregnancy tests are sensitive immunoassay tests for the qualitative detection of human Chorionic Gonoadotropin (hCG) in serum or urine for the early detection of pregnancy.
Chlamydia: Chlamydia trachomatis is responsible for the sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The companys QuickVue Chlamydia test is a lateral flow immunoassay for the qualitative detection of Chlamydia from endocervical swab and cytology brush specimens.
Bone Health: The company produces both clinical and research products for the assessment of osteoporosis and the evaluation of bone resorption/formation, which, including its metabolic bone markers, are used by physicians to monitor the effectiveness of therapy in pharmaceutical and related research.
Immunoassay fecal occult blood (iFOB): The companys QuickVue iFOB test is a fecal immunochemical test (FIT) intended to detect the presence of blood in stool specimens. Blood in the stool is an indication of gastrointestinal disorders, including colorectal cancer.
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): The companys test is a serological test that measures antibodies circulating in the blood caused by the immune response to the H. pylori bacterium.
The company has other products, which include veterinary products, as well as clinical laboratory and research tests used in the measurement of circulating immune complexes, complement deficiencies, and complement activation.
The companys customers include Cardinal Healthcare Corporation, Physician Sales and Services Corporation, McKesson Corporation, and Fisher Scientific Corporation.
The companys competitors include Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc., Beckman Coulter Primary Care Diagnostics, Fisher Scientific Corporation, Genzyme Diagnostics Corporation, and Becton Dickinson and Company.
Quidel Corporation was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUIDEL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUIDEL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUIDEL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUIDEL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUIDEL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quidel Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quidel Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quidel Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quidel Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quidel Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUIDEL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUIDEL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUIDEL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUIDEL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUIDEL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUIDEL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quidel Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quidel Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quidel Corp. Major Shareholders
Quidel Corp. History
Quidel Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quidel Corp. Offices and Representations
Quidel Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quidel Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quidel Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Quidel Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Quidel Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quidel Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quidel Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quidel Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Quidel Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Quidel Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quidel Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quidel Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?