- The report contains detailed information about PSS World Medical Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PSS World Medical Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PSS World Medical Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PSS World Medical Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PSS World Medical Inc. business.
About PSS World Medical Inc.
PSS World Medical, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes medical products and equipment, pharmaceutical products, healthcare information technology and billing services to alternate-site healthcare providers including physician offices, long-term care and assisted living facilities, home health care, and hospice providers.
The company conducts business through two segments, the Physician Business and the Elder Care Business.
THE PHYSICIAN BUSINESS
The Physician Business, or the Physician Sales & Service division, is a distributor of medical supplies, diagnostic equipment, pharmaceutical related products and healthcare information technology to alternate site healthcare providers in the U.S. The Physician Business has approximately 700 sales professionals trained in solution-focused selling, disease state management, and diagnostic and therapeutic products used by physicians.
The Physician Business distributes products to office-based physicians who focuses on internal medicine, family practice, primary care, pediatrics, OB/GYN, general practice, and other specialties. The Physician Business target market consists of approximately 598,000 physicians practicing at approximately 234,000 offices in the United States.
The Physician Business distributes approximately 158,600 different products consisting of disposable supplies, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic equipment, non-diagnostic equipment, and healthcare information technology solutions.
Branded Medical-Surgical Disposable Supplies: This product category includes a range of medical supplies, including paper goods, needles and syringes, gauze and wound dressings, surgical instruments, sutures, examination gloves, orthopedic soft goods, tongue blades and applicators, sterilization and intravenous solutions, specimen containers, reagents for diagnostic equipment, and diagnostic test kits. The Physician Business offers a range of branded products sourced from various medical product manufacturers.
Select Medical-Surgical Disposable Supplies: The company offers its own brand, Select, in connection with its strategy of sourcing through global channels to drive enhanced customer satisfaction and profitability. The Select product category includes a range of medical supplies, including paper goods, needles and syringes, gauze and wound dressings, surgical instruments, sutures, examination gloves, orthopedic soft goods, tongue blades and applicators, sterilization products, specimen containers, diagnostic equipment reagents, and diagnostic test kits.
Pharmaceutical Products: This product category includes various vaccines, injectables, inhalants, topicals, opthalmic ointments and solutions, otic solutions and oral analgesics, antacids and antibiotics, and controlled pharmaceutical products, which are used or administered in the physicians office. Controlled pharmaceutical products include injectable anesthesia agents, narcotics, and pain management drugs.
Diagnostic Equipment: This product category includes various equipment lines such as blood chemistry analyzers, automated cell and differential counters, immunoassay analyzers, bone densitometers, electrocardiograph monitors and defibrillators, cardiac stress systems, cardiac and OB/GYN ultrasound, holter monitors, sigmoidoscopy scopes, and microscopes.
Non-Diagnostic Equipment: This product category includes all other equipment used in a medical practice such as aesthetic lasers, autoclaves, examination tables, medical scales, and furniture.
Healthcare Information Technology: This product category includes healthcare information technology products and services designed to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness of physician business practices.
THE ELDER CARE BUSINESS
The Elder Care Business, or the Gulf South Medical Supply, Inc. division, is a national distributor of medical supplies and related products and solutions to the long-term and elder care industry in the United States. The Elder Care Business serves the nursing home, home care and hospice industries, as well as the assisted living market segment. In addition, the Elder Care Business also provides Medicare Part B billing services, either on a fee-for-service or a full-assignment basis and Medicaid billing services to the assisted living market.
The Elder Care Businesss target market consists of approximately 40,000 independent, regional, and national nursing home facilities, home health agencies, assisted living centers, hospices, and home medical equipment dealers.
The Elder Care Business distributes approximately 47,100 different medical and related products consisting of medical supplies, incontinent supplies and personal care items, enteral feeding supplies, point of care testing devices, advanced wound care, home medical equipment, and other supplies required by the long-term care patient. The Elder Care Business offers a range of branded products from various manufacturers.
The Elder Care Business, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Proclaim, Inc., provides Medicare Part B billing services on a fee-for-service or a full-assignment basis and Medicaid billing services to the nursing home and assisted living market.
PSS World Medical, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PSS World Medical Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PSS World Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PSS World Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PSS World Medical Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PSS World Medical Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PSS WORLD MEDICAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PSS World Medical Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PSS World Medical Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PSS World Medical Inc. Major Shareholders
PSS World Medical Inc. History
PSS World Medical Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PSS World Medical Inc. Offices and Representations
PSS World Medical Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PSS World Medical Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PSS World Medical Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PSS World Medical Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
PSS World Medical Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PSS World Medical Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PSS World Medical Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PSS World Medical Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PSS World Medical Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PSS World Medical Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PSS World Medical Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PSS World Medical Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?