- The report contains detailed information about Providence Service Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Providence Service Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Providence Service Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Providence Service Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Providence Service Corp. business.
About Providence Service Corp.
The Providence Service Corporation provides and manages government sponsored social services and non-emergency transportation services. With respect to social services, the companys counselors, social workers, and behavioral health professionals work with clients who are eligible for government assistance due to income level, emotional/educational disabilities, or court order.
The company provides social services primarily in the clients home or community. With respect to non-emergency transportation services, the company manages and arranges for client transportation to health care related facilities and services for state or regional Medicaid agencies, health maintenance organizations, or HMOs, and commercial insurers. The company served approximately 82,000 clients either directly or through managed entities. Additionally, 7.7 million individuals were eligible to receive services under non-emergency transportation services contracts, as of December 31, 2009. The company operates from 427 locations in 43 states, the District of Columbia, and British Columbia, as of December 31, 2009.
Services offered: The company provides home and community based services, foster care and provider management services, directly and through entities it manages.
Home and community based counseling
Home based and intensive home based counseling: The companys home based counselors are trained professionals or para-professionals providing counseling services in the clients own home. These services average five hours per client per week and can include individual, group or family sessions. Topics are prescriptive to each client and can include family dynamics, peer relationships, anger management, substance abuse prevention, conflict resolution, parent effectiveness training and misdemeanant private probation supervision.
The company also provides home based counseling, which consists of up to 20 or more hours per client per week. Its home based counselors are masters or Ph.D. level professional therapists or counselors. Home based counseling is designed for clients struggling to cope with everyday situations. The companys counselors are qualified to assist with marital and family issues, depression, drug or alcohol abuse, domestic violence, hyperactivity, criminal or anti-social behavior, sexual misbehavior, school expulsion or chronic truancy and other disruptive behaviors.
Substance abuse treatment services: The companys substance abuse treatment counselors provide services in the office, home and counseling centers designed especially for clients with drug or alcohol abuse problems. Its counselors use peer contracts, treatment group process and a commitment to sobriety as treatment methods. The companys professional counseling, peer counseling and group and family sessions are designed to introduce clients dependent upon drugs or alcohol to a sober lifestyle.
School support services: The companys professional counselors are assigned to and stationed in public schools to assist in dealing with problematic and at-risk students. Its counselors provide support services, such as teacher training, individual and group counseling, logical consequence training, anger management training, gang awareness and drug and alcohol abuse prevention techniques. In addition, the company provides in-home educational tutoring in various markets where it contracts with individual school districts to assist students who need assistance in learning.
Correctional services: The company provides misdemeanant private probation supervision services, including monitoring and supervision of those sentenced to probation, rehabilitative services, and collection and disbursement of court-ordered fines, fees and restitution.
Workforce development: The company assists individuals to achieve their potential to obtain and retain meaningful employment through services that include vocational evaluation, job placement, skills training, and employment support.
Foster care: The company recruits and trains foster parents and licenses family foster homes to provide 24-hour care to children who have been remov
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Providence Service Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Providence Service Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Providence Service Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Providence Service Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Providence Service Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROVIDENCE SERVICE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Providence Service Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Providence Service Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Providence Service Corp. Major Shareholders
Providence Service Corp. History
Providence Service Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Providence Service Corp. Offices and Representations
Providence Service Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Providence Service Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Providence Service Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Providence Service Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Providence Service Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Providence Service Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Providence Service Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Providence Service Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Providence Service Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Providence Service Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Providence Service Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Providence Service Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?