- The report contains detailed information about Owens & Minor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Owens & Minor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Owens & Minor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Owens & Minor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Owens & Minor Inc. business.
About Owens & Minor Inc.
Owens & Minor, Inc. provides distribution and other supply chain management services to healthcare providers and suppliers of medical and surgical products. It also distributes medical and surgical supplies to the acute-care market in the United States.
The companys core service consists of the distribution of finished medical and surgical products procured from approximately 1,400 suppliers to approximately 4,600 healthcare provider customers from 51 distribution and service centers nationwide. In serving its healthcare customers, including acute-care and alternate site providers and healthcare products suppliers, O&M also provides a range of data analysis tools and outsourced resource management and consulting services, such as inventory, supply spending, and contract management.
The company typically provides its supply chain management services, including distribution services, under contractual arrangements with healthcare providers, such as hospitals, hospital-based systems, and alternate site providers. It serves healthcare providers of consumable medical and surgical goods.
Products & Services
The company offers customers a portfolio of products and services. Additional services include logistics, supplier management, analytics, inventory and outsourced resource management, and consulting and clinical supply management.
PANDAC: It is an operating room-focused inventory management program that helps healthcare providers reduce and control suture and endo-mechanical inventory.
SurgiTrack: It is a customizable surgical supply service that includes the assembly and delivery, in procedure-based totes, of supplies based on the operating rooms surgical schedule. Through in-depth assessment, O&M provides customers with information in order to standardize products, reduce inventory and streamline workflow.
OMSolutions: OMSolutions is O&Ms supply chain consulting, customer technology and resource management service offering. OMSolutions implements customized healthcare supply chain solutions through the integration of people, processes, and technologies. Services offered by OMSolutions decrease supply chain costs while increasing operating efficiency. OMSolutions provides clinician consultants who work one-on-one with hospital staff to standardize and utilize products, processes, and technologies. OMSolutions services also include in-depth value analysis and cost management, receiving and storeroom redesign, conducting physical inventories, and configuration of automatic inventory replenishment systems. Additional service offerings provided by OMSolutions are WISDOM GoldSM and Clinical Supply SolutionsSM (CSS).
WISDOM Gold: WISDOM Gold is the companys Internet-based spending management solution, and analysis and reporting service that enable customers to gain deeper understanding and control over their supply procurement and contracting efforts.
Clinical Supply Solutions (CSS): CSS is an inventory and contract management service that enables healthcare providers to reduce expenses by accurately tracking and managing physician-preference products and medical/surgical inventories in high-cost clinical specialty departments, such as cardiac catheterization labs, radiology and operating rooms. CSS is enabled by O&Ms proprietary web-based technology, including a database of products, and the expertise of the companys inventory specialists and professional analysts.
OM Healthcare Logistics is O&Ms offering of customized third-party logistics and business process outsourcing services, primarily provided to medical device and life science companies. This business provides warehousing and distribution services to meet product requirements. OM HCL also includes order-to-cash services, including reverse logistics and chargeback management.
The company provides distribution, consulting and outsourcing services to approximately 4,600 healthcare providers, including hospitals, the federal government and alternate care providers, contracting with them directly and through IHNs and GPOs. Other customers include the federal government, for which Owens & Minor serves as a prime vendor for medical and surgical supply distribution services for the U.S. Department of Defense. The company serves alternate site providers, including ambulatory surgery centers, physicians practices, clinics, home healthcare organizations, nursing homes, and rehabilitation facilities. The company also provides supply chain management services, including third-party logistics and business process outsourcing services to manufacturers of medical and surgical products.
The company's suppliers include Covidien and Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems.
The companys competitors are Cardinal Health, Inc., and Medline, Inc.
Owens & Minor, Inc. was founded in 1882.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OWENS & MINOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OWENS & MINOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OWENS & MINOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OWENS & MINOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OWENS & MINOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Owens & Minor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Owens & Minor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Owens & Minor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Owens & Minor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Owens & Minor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OWENS & MINOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OWENS & MINOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OWENS & MINOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OWENS & MINOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OWENS & MINOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OWENS & MINOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Owens & Minor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Owens & Minor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Owens & Minor Inc. Major Shareholders
Owens & Minor Inc. History
Owens & Minor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Owens & Minor Inc. Offices and Representations
Owens & Minor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Owens & Minor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Owens & Minor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Owens & Minor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Owens & Minor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Owens & Minor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Owens & Minor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Owens & Minor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Owens & Minor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Owens & Minor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Owens & Minor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Owens & Minor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?