- The report contains detailed information about Orthofix International NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orthofix International NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orthofix International NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orthofix International NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orthofix International NV business.
About Orthofix International NV
Orthofix International N.V., a medical device company, offers a line of surgical and non-surgical products principally in the spine, orthopedics, sports medicine and vascular market sectors. The companys products are designed to address the lifelong bone-and-joint health needs of patients of various ages.
The company designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes medical products used principally by musculoskeletal medical specialists for orthopedic applications. Its main products are invasive and minimally invasive spinal implant products and related human cellular and tissue based products (HCT/P products known informally in the industry as biologics); non-invasive bone growth stimulation products designed to enhance the success rate of spinal fusions and to treat non-union fractures; external and internal fixation devices used in fracture treatment, limb lengthening, and bone reconstruction; and bracing products used for ligament injury prevention, pain management and protection of surgical repair to promote faster healing. The companys products also include a device designed to improve venous circulation, cold therapy, bone cement, and devices for removal of bone cement used to fix artificial implants and airway management products used in anesthesia applications.
The companys business is divided into four reportable segments: Domestic, Blackstone, Breg, and International.
The Domestic Segment consists of operations of its subsidiary Orthofix Inc., which uses both direct and distributor sales representatives to sell Spine and Orthopedic products to hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers in the U.S. market.
The Blackstone Segment consists of Blackstone Medical, Inc. and its two subsidiaries, Blackstone GmbH and Goldstone GmbH. Blackstone engages in the design, development and marketing of spinal implant and related HCT/P products. Blackstone distributes its products through a network of domestic and international distributors, sales representatives and affiliates.
The Breg Segment designs, manufactures, and distributes orthopedic products for post-operative reconstruction and rehabilitative patient use and sells those Sports Medicine products through a network of domestic and international distributors, sales representatives, and affiliates.
The International Segment consists of locations in Europe, Mexico, Brazil, and Puerto Rico, as well as independent distributors outside the United States. International uses both direct and distributor sales representatives to sell Spine, Orthopedic, Sports Medicine, Vascular, and Other products to hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers.
The company's Spine products are positioned to address the needs of spine patients at various points along the continuum of care, offering non-operative, pre-operative, operative and post-operative products. Its products address the cervical fusion segment, as well as the lumbar fusion segment which is the sub-segment of the spine market. Blackstone offers various spinal implants used during surgical procedures intended to treat various spine conditions.
Blackstone provides implants designed for use primarily in cervical, thoracic and lumbar fusion surgeries. These implants are made of metal, bone, or Polyetheretherketones (PEEK). Additionally, Blackstones product portfolio includes an adult stem cell-based HCT/P (human cellular and tissue based products) bone grafting product called Trinity Matrix.
Blackstones majority of implants are made of titanium metal. This includes the 3 Degree, Reliant and Hallmark cervical plates. Additionally, the Spinal Fixation System (SFS), the ICON Modular Spinal Fixation System, the Firebird Spinal Fixation Systems, the Ascent and Ascent LE POCT Systems are sets of rods, crossbars and screws which are implanted during posterior fusion procedures. The ICON Modular Spinal Fixation System and the Firebird Spinal Fixation System are both designed to be used in either open or minimally-invasive posterior lumbar fusion procedures with Blackstones ProView Minimal Access Portal (MAP) Sy
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orthofix International NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orthofix International NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orthofix International NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orthofix International NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orthofix International NV Industry Position Analysis
6. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS ANTILLES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORTHOFIX INTERNATIONAL NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orthofix International NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orthofix International NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orthofix International NV Major Shareholders
Orthofix International NV History
Orthofix International NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orthofix International NV Offices and Representations
Orthofix International NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orthofix International NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orthofix International NV Capital Market Snapshot
Orthofix International NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Orthofix International NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orthofix International NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orthofix International NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orthofix International NV 1-year Stock Charts
Orthofix International NV 5-year Stock Charts
Orthofix International NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orthofix International NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orthofix International NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?