- The report contains detailed information about Omnicare Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Omnicare Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Omnicare Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Omnicare Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Omnicare Inc. business.
About Omnicare Inc.
Omnicare, Inc. provides pharmaceuticals and related pharmacy and ancillary services to long-term healthcare institutions.
The company operates in two segments, Pharmacy Services and Contract Research Organization Services (CRO Services).
The Pharmacy Services segment provides distribution of pharmaceuticals, related pharmacy consulting and other ancillary services, data management services and medical supplies to skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), retirement centers, independent living communities, hospitals, hospice, and other healthcare settings and service providers.
The segment purchases, repackages, and dispenses pharmaceuticals, both prescription and non-prescription, and provides computerized medical record-keeping and third-party billing for residents in these facilities. The segment also provides consultant pharmacist services, including evaluating monthly patient drug therapy, monitoring the drug distribution system within the nursing facility, assisting in compliance with state and federal regulations, and providing proprietary clinical and health management programs.
In addition, the segment provides various other products and services, including intravenous medications and nutrition products (infusion therapy services), respiratory therapy services, medical supplies and equipment, clinical care planning and financial software information systems, electronic medical records systems, pharmaceutical informatics services, pharmacy benefit management services, retail and mail-order pharmacy services, pharmaceutical care management for hospice agencies and product support and distribution services for specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers. The company also provides pharmaceutical case management services for retirees, employees and dependents who have drug benefits under corporate-sponsored healthcare programs.
Consultant Pharmacist Services
The company provides consultant pharmacist services, which help clients comply with the federal and state regulations applicable to nursing homes. The services offered by its consultant pharmacists include monthly medication regimen reviews for each resident in the facility to assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of drug therapies, including a review of the resident's current medication usage, monitoring drug reactions to other drugs or food, monitoring lab results and recommending alternate therapies, dosing adjustments or discontinuing unnecessary drugs; monitoring and monthly reporting on the appropriateness of drug usage; participation on the pharmacy and therapeutics, quality assurance and other committees of client facilities, as well as periodic involvement in staff meetings; development and maintenance of pharmaceutical policy and procedures manuals; and assistance to the nursing facility in complying with state and federal regulations as they pertain to drug use. The company has also developed a proprietary software system for use by its consultant pharmacists. The system, called OSC2OR (Omnicare System of Clinical and Cost Outcomes Retrieval), enables its pharmacists to perform their functions and also provides the platform for consistent data retrieval for health and outcomes management.
Additionally, the company offers specialized consulting services, including data required for OBRA and other regulatory purposes, including reports on usage of chemical restraints known as psychotropic drugs, antibiotic usage (infection control), and other drug usage; contribution to plan of care programs, which assess each patient's state of health upon admission and monitor progress and outcomes using data on drug usage, as well as dietary, physical therapy, and social service inputs; counseling related to appropriate drug usage and implementation of drug protocols; on-site educational seminars for the nursing facility staff on topics, such as drug information relating to clinical indications, adverse drug reactions, drug protocols and special geriatric considerations in drug therapy, and information and training on intravenous drug therapy and updates on OBRA and other regulatory comp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OMNICARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OMNICARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OMNICARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OMNICARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OMNICARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Omnicare Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Omnicare Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Omnicare Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Omnicare Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Omnicare Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OMNICARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OMNICARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OMNICARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OMNICARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OMNICARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OMNICARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Omnicare Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Omnicare Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Omnicare Inc. Major Shareholders
Omnicare Inc. History
Omnicare Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Omnicare Inc. Offices and Representations
Omnicare Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Omnicare Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Omnicare Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Omnicare Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Omnicare Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Omnicare Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Omnicare Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Omnicare Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Omnicare Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Omnicare Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Omnicare Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Omnicare Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?