- The report contains detailed information about Nxstage Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nxstage Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nxstage Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nxstage Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nxstage Medical, Inc. business.
About Nxstage Medical, Inc.
NxStage Medical, Inc., a medical device company, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of products for the treatment of kidney failure, fluid overload, and related blood treatments and procedures in the United States. The company distributes its products in three markets: the home, critical care, and in-center.
Products and Services
The System One
The companys primary product, the NxStage System One, is a small, hemodialysis system, which incorporates multiple design technologies and design features. The System One includes various components, including The NxStage Cycler, The NxStage Cartridge, and Premixed Dialysate.
The NxStage Cycler: A portable electromechanical device containing pumps, control mechanisms, safety sensors and remote data capture functionality.
The NxStage Cartridge: A single-use, disposable, integrated treatment cartridge that loads into the cycler. The cartridge incorporates a volumetric fluid management system and includes a pre-attached dialyzer.
Premixed Dialysate: The System One uses premixed dialysate for hemodialysis applications. The volume of fluids used varies with treatment options, prescription, and setting. The company supplies its premixed dialysate in sterile five liter bags or through the use of its PureFlow SL accessory. The PureFlow SL module allows for the preparation of dialysate fluid in the patients home using ordinary tap water and dialysate concentrate thereby reducing the need for bagged fluids for in home treatments.
For the home hemodialysis market, the System One is designed to make home treatment and frequent treatment easier and practical. For the critical care market, the company's System One is designed to offer clinicians an alternative that simplifies the delivery of acute kidney replacement therapy and makes longer or continuous critical care therapies easier to deliver.
The ReadySet High Performance Blood Tubing Set features a pump segment material designed to deliver flows throughout the treatment.
The companys blood tubing set product is Streamline. Streamline features an airless design intended to result in clinical and economic performance. It is designed to reduce treatment time, minimize waste and optimize dose delivery. Streamline also includes its patented LockSite needleless access sites, eliminating the need for sharp needles or guarded needles to be used with the tubing set in connection with dialysis therapy, thereby intended to facilitate clinicians ability to satisfy Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), anti-stick requirements.
AV Fistula and Apheresis Needles with MasterGuard Anti-Stick Needle Protectors
The companys AV fistula and apheresis needles have been designed to achieve a smooth blood flow throughout the treatment, intended to result in less clotting, lower pressure drops, and less stress on the patients blood.
ButtonHole Needle Set
The company offers ButtonHole needles for hemodialysis therapies. This needle is used by patients that employ the the constant-site technique, whereby a fistula needle is inserted in the same place each treatment. Published clinical experience supports that the incidence of pain, hematoma, infection and infiltrations at the needle insertion site can be reduced by utilizing the constant-site technique. The companys ButtonHole AV fistula needle has an anti-stick, dull bevel design suited for the constant-site technique, while also designed to reduce the risk of accidental needle sticks.
The Medic needle/connector device was engineered to help reduce the risk of accidental needle sticks, as required by OSHA. Medic can be used with any standard syringe, and is used in hemodialysis procedures with catheters, AV fistula needles, blood tubing sets and dialysis priming sets. For apheresis procedures, Medic is designed to access drug vials and blood collection tubes.
The companys major customer is DaVita, Inc.
The company's primary supplier is Membrana GmbH.
The companys System One in the critical care market competes against Gambro AB, Fresenius Medical Care AG, Baxter Healthcare, B. Braun and others. Its product lines in the in-center market compete directly against products produced by Fresenius Medical Care AG, Gambro AB, Nipro, B. Braun, Baxter Healthcare, JMS, and others.
NxStage Medical, Inc., formerly known as QB Medical, Inc., was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nxstage Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nxstage Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nxstage Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nxstage Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nxstage Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
Nxstage Medical, Inc. History
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
Nxstage Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nxstage Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nxstage Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nxstage Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nxstage Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nxstage Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?