- The report contains detailed information about Neovasc Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neovasc Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neovasc Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neovasc Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neovasc Inc. business.
About Neovasc Inc.
Neovasc Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of medical devices focusing on products that address clinical needs in the vascular and surgical marketplace.
The companys commercialized products include a catheter-based technology called the Metricath, which allows clinicians to measure artery and stent size and confirm stent deployment during interventional treatment of coronary and peripheral artery disease, as wells as a line of collagen based surgical patch products made for use in cardiac reconstruction and vascular repair procedures, as well as other surgeries.
The company manufactures the PeriPatch line of surgical tissue products. These products are made from chemically treated bovine and equine pericardial tissue. The Peripatch line consists of biomaterial tissue products made from animal sources. They are chemically treated with proprietary technology to prevent their degradation and to maintain their biocompatibility. Peripatch products are used for vascular repair and reconstruction, as well as in other soft tissue repair. The products are biocompatible, allowing optimal incorporation with the bodys host tissue.
The product line includes the PeriPatch Sheet, MatrixBP, and PeriPatch EQ Sheet, rectangular patches made from bovine (cow) or equine (horse) tissue, that are applied as internal bandages to repair weak or damaged organs or vessels; and the PeriPatch Aegis, and PeriPatch Aegis EQ, new (products for staple line reinforcement used during endoscopic surgical procedures). The company has distribution agreements for its Peripatch products covering the United States and Canada, as well as selected countries in Europe.
The Metricath product line consists of a small, polemounted console unit and two catheter models: the Metricath Libra measure-only catheter, and the Metricath Gemini measure-and-treat catheter. Metricath catheters are used during angioplasty, a procedure used to open arteries where blood flow is restricted by plaque (the accumulation of fats and cholesterol). Metricath provides the user with precise measurements of an artery by inflating the balloon at the catheters tip and monitoring its volume and pressure as it comes up against the artery walls. These measurements allow doctors to diagnose artery blockages and treat them with balloons and stents that are optimally sized for the artery.
In July 2008, the company acquired Neovasc Medical Ltd. (Neovasc Medical) and B-Balloon Ltd. (B-Balloon).
Neovasc Medical develops and commercializes proprietary stent technology for the treatment of patients suffering from recurring temporary shortage of blood to the heart muscle, known as refractory angina. It has a single technology in development, the Reducer.
B-Balloon is a medical device company specializing in the development of catheters and vascular stent delivery systems which are intended to solve specific clinical problems encountered by physicians implanting stents to open blockages at ostial locations or bifurcation locations. The company has a suite of products in development.
The company was founded in 2000. It was formerly known as Medical Ventures Corp. and changed its name to Neovasc Inc. in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEOVASC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEOVASC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEOVASC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEOVASC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEOVASC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neovasc Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neovasc Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neovasc Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neovasc Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neovasc Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEOVASC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEOVASC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEOVASC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEOVASC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEOVASC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEOVASC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neovasc Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neovasc Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neovasc Inc. Major Shareholders
Neovasc Inc. History
Neovasc Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neovasc Inc. Offices and Representations
Neovasc Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neovasc Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neovasc Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Neovasc Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Neovasc Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neovasc Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neovasc Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neovasc Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Neovasc Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Neovasc Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neovasc Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neovasc Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?