- The report contains detailed information about MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. business.
About MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc.
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. distributes animal health products to veterinarians across the United States and United Kingdom. The company sells pharmaceuticals, vaccines, parasiticides, diagnostics, capital equipment, supplies, specialty products, veterinary pet food, and nutritional products. It markets these products to veterinarians in both the companion animal and production animal markets.
The company also offers its customers various value-added services, including e-commerce platform, pharmacy fulfillment, inventory management system, equipment procurement consultation, special order fulfillment, educational seminars, and pet cremation. As of September 30, 2010, the company sold approximately 30,000 products with approximately 15,000 stocked in its distribution centers. In addition, the company sells approximately 600 products in the United States under agency agreements with its vendors.
Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines, and Parasiticides
The company offers its customers various pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and parasiticides. Its pharmaceutical products typically include anesthetics, analgesics, antibiotics, ophthalmics, and hormones. Its vaccine products are primarily comprises small animal, equine, and production animal biologicals. The companys parasiticides are used for control of fleas, ticks, flies, mosquitoes, and internal parasites.
Diagnostics, Capital Equipment and Supplies
The company offers a range of diagnostics, capital equipment, and supplies to veterinarians. Diagnostic sales typically include consumable in-clinic tests for detecting heartworm, lyme, feline leukemia, and parvovirus, as well as consumable products for measuring blood chemistry, electrolyte balance, and cell counts. Its capital equipment sales include anesthesia machines, surgical monitors, diagnostic equipment, dental machines, cages, lights, and x-ray machines. It employs a team of capital equipment specialists to analyze the latest technologies and recommend equipment that meets its customers' specific needs. The companys sales of supplies include syringes, instruments, bandages, IV products, surgical consumables, grooming materials, and other small equipment items used by veterinary practices.
Veterinary Pet Food and Nutritional Products
The company offers its customers a selection of veterinary pet foods and nutritional products. It considers veterinary pet food to consist of two categories: foods for specialty diets and premium pet foods. Specialty diets are recommended by veterinarians to address specific medical and nutritional needs. Premium pet foods are recommended by veterinarians to promote optimal nutrition in healthy animals. Pet foods are typically sold under agency agreements. Nutritional products include dietary supplements, vitamins, dental chews, and specialty treats, which either help address specific medical conditions or are compatible with recommended nutritional guidelines.
The company offers its customers various value-added services, such as E-commerce platform; pharmacy fulfillment; inventory management system; equipment procurement consultation; special order fulfillment; educational seminars; and pet cremation.
In February 2010, the company acquired Centaur Services Limited, which is a supplier of animal health products to veterinarians in the United Kingdom.
The companys customers include Banfield, The Pet Hospital; and Feeders Advantage, L.L.C.
The companys major vendors include Intervet-Schering, a subsidiary of Schering Plough Corporation; Boehringer Ingelheim; Merial Limited; and Pfizer.
The companys primary competitors in the United States include Animal Health International, Inc.; Butler Schein Animal Health; Lextron Animal Health, Inc.; and Webster Veterinary Supply, a division of Patterson Companies, Inc.
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. was founded in 1976.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Major Shareholders
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. History
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Offices and Representations
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?