- The report contains detailed information about Merit Medical Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Merit Medical Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Merit Medical Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Merit Medical Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Merit Medical Systems, Inc. business.
About Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets single-use medical products for interventional and diagnostic procedures worldwide. The company focuses on four markets, including cardiology, radiology, gastroenterology, and pulmonary.
The companys offering of cardiology and radiology medical device products assists in diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease and other non-vascular diseases. Its gastroenterology and pulmonary medical device products assist physicians, nurses and technicians in the palliative treatment of expanding esophageal, tracheobronchial and biliary strictures caused by malignant tumors. Its Merit Endotek division creates, develops, manufactures, and distributes a line of gastroenterology and pulmonary medical device products.
The company has expanded its product offerings into other parts of radiology, including interventional nephrology, CT and ultrasound labs. Its products are also used in other clinical areas such as pain management centers, vein clinics, endovascular surgery, and thoracic surgery, as well as in other areas of the health care industry.
Cardiology and Radiology Products
Inflation Devices: During PCI and PPI procedures, balloons and/or stents are placed with in the vasculature. The balloons must be carefully placed, inflated, and deflated with in the vessel to achieve optimal results without injury to the patient. Products like its IntelliSystem and Monarch (digital inflation systems), as well as the Basix COMPAK inflation device, offer the clinician a range of features.
Hemostasis Valves: The company has developed a line of clinically acclaimed hemostasis valves (also known as Touhy-Borst adaptors) and angioplasty accessories. These valves connect to catheters and allow passage of additional guide wires, balloon catheters, and other devices into the vasculature while reducing the amount of blood loss during the procedures.
Vascular Retrieval Devices: Primary target markets for its snare technology are cardiology, interventional radiology and vascular surgery. The EN Snare is intended for use in the cardiovascular system or hollow viscous to retrieve and manipulate foreign objects. The EN Snare is designed with three loops to increase the probability of foreign body capture and is offered in seven sizes to accommodate a range of vessels throughout the body.
Vascular Access Products: The company offers a line of devices used to gain and maintain vascular access while protecting the clinician from accidental cuts and needle-sticks during the procedure. These useful devices and kits include the Futura Safety Scalpel and a line of angiography needles (Merit Advance), as well as the SecureLoc Angiographic Needle. In addition, the company offers a line of sheath introducers (Prelude) and mini access kits (MAK and S-MAK), which are designed to allow the clinician smooth, less traumatic, and convenient access to the patients vasculature. In 2009, the company launched a line extension to the Merit Advance needle offering, including various sizes of 21 gauge, echo-enhanced needles. The company also added Prelude dilators to complement its sheath introducer line.
Diagnostic Catheters, Guide Wires, and Torque Devices: The company offers diagnostic catheters and guide wires for use during both cardiology and radiology angiographic procedures. In 2007, the company introduced its new IMPRESS line of diagnostic radiology catheters, as well as the Performa and Softouch brands for both cardiology and peripheral catheters. The companys precoated, InQwire guide wires are lubricious and are available in a range of configurations to meet clinicians diagnostic needs. The Merit H2O hydrophilic guide wire provides enhanced maneuverability through tortuous anatomy. The company also offers a line of torque devices (guide wire steering tools) that can be used on both standard and hydrophilic guide wires in both large and small diameters and are often included as a component in its angioplasty packs.
Angiography and Angioplasty Accessories: The company develops problem-solving devices; accessories; kits; and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Merit Medical Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Merit Medical Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. History
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?