- The report contains detailed information about Meridian Bioscience Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Meridian Bioscience Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Meridian Bioscience Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Meridian Bioscience Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Meridian Bioscience Inc. business.
About Meridian Bioscience Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc. operates as an integrated life science company in the United States.
The companys operating segments include U.S. Diagnostics; European Diagnostics; and Life Science.
U.S. DIAGNOSTICS OPERATING SEGMENT
The U.S. Diagnostics operating segments business focuses on the development, manufacture, sale, and distribution of diagnostic test kits, primarily for certain gastrointestinal, viral, respiratory, and parasitic infectious diseases. In addition to diagnostic test kits, products also include transport media that store and preserve specimen samples from patient collection to laboratory testing. This segment sells and distributes diagnostic test kits in the U.S. and countries outside of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
The companys diagnostic test kits utilize immunodiagnostic and molecular technologies, which test samples of stool, blood, urine, and other body fluids or tissue for the presence of specific infectious diseases. Additionally, it has introduced into the marketplace its new molecular amplification assay, illumigene C.difficile. The illumigene molecular amplification assay detects the presence of the toxin producing region from the C. difficile DNA.
The companys diagnostic products are used principally in the detection of gastrointestinal diseases, such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea (C. difficile), pediatric diarrhea (rotavirus and adenovirus), and stomach ulcers (H. pylori); foodborne diseases, such as enterohemorrhagic E. coli infection (EHEC) and campylobacter jejuni (Campy); viral diseases, such as mononucleosis, herpes simplex, chicken pox and shingles (varicella-zoster), and cytomegalovirus (organ transplant infections); parasitic diseases, such as giardiasis, cryptosporidiosis, and lyme; and respiratory diseases, such as pneumonia, valley fever, influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The primary markets and customers for these products are reference laboratories and hospitals.
Products and Markets
The companys product technologies include DNA amplification, enzyme immunoassay, immunofluorescence, particle agglutination/aggregation, immunodiffusion, complement fixation, and chemical stains. It develops and manufactures diagnostic tests in various formats that satisfy customer needs and preferences, whether in a hospital, commercial or reference laboratory, or alternate site location. The companys product offering consists of approximately 140 medical diagnostic products.
The companys principal products include ImmunoCard Toxins A&B; Premier Toxins A&B; and Premier Platinum HpSA PLUS. ImmunoCard Toxins A&B and Premier Toxins A&B are part of its C. difficile product family. ImmunoCard Toxins A&B is a rapid enzyme immunoassay used for the detection of C. difficile toxins A and B in stool specimens. Premier Toxins A&B is an ELISA test in a batch microwell format for the detection of C. difficile toxins A and B in stool specimens. Premier Platinum HpSA PLUS is an ELISA test in a microwell format for the detection of Heliobacter pylori antigens in stool specimens for diagnosis and monitoring and is a part of its H. pylori family of products. The company holds both U.S. and European patents for this product.
EUROPEAN DIAGNOSTICS OPERATING SEGMENT
The European Diagnostics operating segments business focuses on the sale and distribution of diagnostic test kits, manufactured both by its U.S. Diagnostics operating segment and by third-party vendors. The European Diagnostics operating segments sales and distribution network consists of direct sales forces in Belgium, France, Holland, and Italy, and independent distributors in other European countries, Africa, and the Middle East. The primary markets and customers for this operating segment are hospitals and reference laboratories.
LIFE SCIENCE OPERATING SEGMENT
The Life Science operating segments business focuses on the development, manufacture, sale, and distribution of bulk antigens, antibodies, PCR/qPCR reagents, nucleotides, competent cells, and bioresearch reagents used by researchers and other diagnostic companies, as well as contract development and manufacture of cGMP clinical grade proteins and other biologicals for use by biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies engaged in research for new drugs and vaccines.
In July 2010, the company acquired the Bioline Group, a manufacturer and distributor of molecular biology reagents with additional operations in Germany, Australia, and the United States. The specialized molecular biology reagents it supplies to the life science research, biotech, pharmaceutical, and commercial diagnostics markets are the critical components used in PCR testing for DNA, RNA, and other genomic testing.
The companys clinical cGMP protein production facility in Memphis, Tennessee serves as an enabling technology for process development and large-scale manufacturing for biologicals used in new drugs and vaccines. The size of the facility is intended to accommodate manufacturing requirements for Phase I and Phase II clinical trials. The customer base for this aspect of its Life Science business includes biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as government agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health.
Products and Markets
The company's immunodiagnostic products, such as antibodies, antigens, and reagents are marketed primarily to diagnostic manufacturing customers as a source of raw materials for their products, or as an outsourced step in their manufacturing processes. Its molecular biology products, such as PCR/qPCR reagents, nucleotides, and competent cells are marketed primarily to research customers.
The company's competitors include Abbott Laboratories Inc.; Becton, Dickinson and Company; Thermo Fisher; Siemens; Cepheid; Quidel Corporation; and Alere Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc. was founded in 1976.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Meridian Bioscience Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Meridian Bioscience Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Meridian Bioscience Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Meridian Bioscience Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Meridian Bioscience Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Major Shareholders
Meridian Bioscience Inc. History
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Offices and Representations
Meridian Bioscience Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Meridian Bioscience Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Meridian Bioscience Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Meridian Bioscience Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Meridian Bioscience Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Meridian Bioscience Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?