- The report contains detailed information about Medtronic, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Medtronic, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Medtronic, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Medtronic, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Medtronic, Inc. business.
About Medtronic, Inc.
Medtronic, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of medical devices to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life worldwide. The company serves physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 120 countries worldwide. The primary markets for its products are the United States, western Europe, and Japan.
The companys primary customers include hospitals, clinics, third party healthcare providers, distributors, and other institutions, including governmental healthcare programs and group purchasing organizations.
The company functions in seven operating segments, which manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies, including Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management; Spinal; CardioVascular; Neuromodulation; Diabetes; Surgical Technologies; and Physio-Control.
CARDIAC RHYTHM DISEASE MANAGEMENT (CRDM)
The CRDM segment offers products for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of heart rhythm disorders and heart failure, including implantable devices, leads, and delivery systems that specifically address complex combinations of arrhythmias, ablation products, electrophysiology catheters, products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF), and information systems for the management of patients with its devices.
The following are the principal products offered by its CRDM operating segment:
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs): An ICD continually monitors the heart and delivers therapy when an abnormal heart rhythm, such as tachyarrhythmia, or rapid heart rhythm occur, which may lead to sudden cardiac arrest. Its ICDs include the Virtuoso model and the Vision 3D portfolio, consisting of the Secura, Virtuoso II, and Maximo II models.
Implantable Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Devices (CRT-Ds and CRT-Ps): Implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy devices treat heart failure patients by altering the abnormal electrical sequence of cardiac contractions. The companys CRT-Ds include the Concerto model and the Vision 3D portfolio of products, the Consulta, Concerto II, and Maximo II models. In addition to these devices, it offers left heart leads featuring the Attain family of products.
Implantable Cardiac Pacemakers (Pacemakers): A pacemaker is a battery-powered device implanted in the chest that delivers electrical impulses to treat bradycardia, a condition of abnormally slow or unsteady heart rhythms, usually approximately 60 beats per minute, or unsteady heart rhythms that cause symptoms, such as dizziness, fainting, fatigue, and shortness of breath. The companys Vision 3D pacemaker portfolio consists of the Adapta product family, which includes the Adapta, Versa, Sensia, and Relia models. It also has CE Mark approval for certain pacemaker systems compatible with MRI machines, which include the EnRhythm MRI SureScan, and Advisa MRI SureScan models.
AF Products: The company owns CryoCath Technologies Inc. (CryoCath) and its product, the CE Mark approved Arctic Front, a cryo-balloon catheter designed to treat paroxysmal AF by performing pulmonary vein isolation. Additionally, in 2009, the company acquired Ablation Frontiers, Inc. and its portfolio of anatomically shaped ablation catheters using its duty cycled, phased radio frequency energy system, which is CE Mark approved for the treatment of permanent and persistent AF. It also offers the Reveal XT Insertable Cardiac Monitor, which is designed to identify and quantify episodes of AF.
Diagnostics and Monitoring Devices: The Reveal DX and Reveal XT Insertable Cardiac Monitors are small, memory-stick sized devices that are placed under the skin and can continuously monitor the heart. The devices are used to record the hearts electrical activity before, during, and after transient symptoms, such as syncope (fainting) and palpitations to help provide a diagnosis. The new generation product, Reveal XT, adds the capability to detect atrial fibrillation and provides long-term trending information to help inform the ongoing management of AF.
Patient Management Tools: The company has various patient management tools, such as CareLink, Paceart, and CardioSight Service. CareLink enables patie
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDTRONIC, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDTRONIC, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDTRONIC, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDTRONIC, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDTRONIC, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Medtronic, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Medtronic, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Medtronic, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Medtronic, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Medtronic, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDTRONIC, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDTRONIC, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDTRONIC, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDTRONIC, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDTRONIC, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDTRONIC, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Medtronic, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Medtronic, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Medtronic, Inc. Major Shareholders
Medtronic, Inc. History
Medtronic, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Medtronic, Inc. Offices and Representations
Medtronic, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Medtronic, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Medtronic, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Medtronic, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Medtronic, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Medtronic, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Medtronic, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Medtronic, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Medtronic, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Medtronic, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Medtronic, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Medtronic, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?