- The report contains detailed information about McKesson Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for McKesson Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The McKesson Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes McKesson Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of McKesson Corporation business.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation provides medicines, pharmaceutical supplies, information, and care management products and services.
The company operates in two segments, The McKesson Distribution Solutions segment and The McKesson Technology Solutions segment.
The McKesson Distribution Solutions segment distributes ethical and proprietary drugs, medical-surgical supplies and equipment, and health and beauty care products throughout North America. This segment also provides specialty pharmaceutical solutions for biotech and pharmaceutical manufacturers, sells financial, operational and clinical solutions for pharmacies (retail, hospital, and long-term care), and provides consulting, outsourcing and other services.
McKesson Distribution Solutions consists of the following businesses: U.S. Pharmaceutical Distribution, McKesson Canada, Medical-Surgical Distribution, McKesson Pharmacy Systems and Automation, and McKesson Specialty Care Solutions. This segment also includes a 49% interest in Nadro, S.A. de C.V. (Nadro), a pharmaceutical distributor in Mexico and a 39% interest in Parata Systems, LLC (Parata), which sells automated pharmacy and supply management systems and services to retail and institutional outpatient pharmacies.
U.S. Pharmaceutical Distribution: This business supplies pharmaceuticals and/or other healthcare-related products to customers in three primary customer channels: retail national accounts (including national and regional chains, food/drug combinations, mail order pharmacies and mass merchandisers); independent retail pharmacies; and institutional healthcare providers (including hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, clinics and long-term care providers).
The companys U.S. pharmaceutical distribution business operates and serves various customer locations through a network of 29 distribution centers, as well as a primary redistribution center, a redistribution center, and 2 repackaging facilities, serving all 50 states and Puerto Rico. In its distribution centers, the company uses Acumax Plus, a Smithsonian technology that integrates and tracks internal inventory-related functions, such as receiving, put-away, and order fulfillment. Acumax Plus uses bar code technology, wrist-mounted computer hardware and radio frequency signals to provide customers with real-time product availability and order quality and fulfillment. In addition, the company offers Mobile Manager, which integrates portable handheld technology with Acumax Plus to give customers ordering and inventory control. The company also offers McKesson Connect, an Internet-based ordering system that provides item lookup and real-time inventory availability, as well as ordering, purchasing, third-party reconciliation and account management functionality.
McKesson Canada: McKesson Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary, a pharmaceutical distributor in Canada. McKesson Canada, through its network of 17 distribution centers, provides logistics and distribution to approximately 800 manufacturers delivering their products to retail pharmacies, hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions throughout Canada. Beyond pharmaceutical distribution, logistics and order fulfillment, McKesson Canada has automated approximately 2,500 retail pharmacies and is also active in hospital automation solutions, dispensing approximately 100 million doses each year. In partnership with other McKesson businesses, McKesson Canada provides a range of services to Canadian manufacturers and healthcare providers.
MedicalSurgical Distribution: Medical-Surgical Distribution provides medical-surgical supply distribution, equipment, logistics, and other services to healthcare providers, including physicians offices, surgery centers, extended care facilities, homecare and occupational health sites through a network of 29 distribution centers within the U.S. This business is a provider of supplies to a range of alternate-site healthcare facilities, including physicians offices, clinics and surgery centers (primary care), long-term care, occupational health facilities, and homecare sites (extended care
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MCKESSON CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MCKESSON CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MCKESSON CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MCKESSON CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MCKESSON CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. McKesson Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of McKesson Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of McKesson Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. McKesson Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. McKesson Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MCKESSON CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MCKESSON CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MCKESSON CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MCKESSON CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MCKESSON CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MCKESSON CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
McKesson Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
McKesson Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
McKesson Corporation Major Shareholders
McKesson Corporation History
McKesson Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
McKesson Corporation Offices and Representations
McKesson Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
McKesson Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
McKesson Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
McKesson Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
McKesson Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
McKesson Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
McKesson Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
McKesson Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
McKesson Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
McKesson Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
McKesson Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
McKesson Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?