- The report contains detailed information about Lincare Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lincare Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lincare Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lincare Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lincare Holdings Inc. business.
About Lincare Holdings Inc.
Lincare Holdings Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides oxygen and other respiratory therapy services to the home health care market in the United States. The companys customers typically suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis or asthma, and require supplemental oxygen or other respiratory therapy services in order to alleviate the symptoms and discomfort of respiratory dysfunction. Lincare serves approximately 750,000 customers in 48 states through 1,056 operating centers.
Products and Services
Lincare primarily provides oxygen and other respiratory therapy services to patients in the home. The company also provides various durable medical equipment (DME) and home infusion therapies in certain geographic markets.
Following the initial setup, its service representatives and/or clinicians make periodic visits to the customers home, the frequency of which is dictated by the type of therapy prescribed and physician orders. All services and equipment provided by Lincare are coordinated with the prescribing physician. During the period that the company provides services and equipment for a customer, the customer remains under the physicians care and medical supervision. The company employs respiratory therapists, nurses and other qualified clinicians to perform certain training and other functions in connection with its services.
Home Oxygen Equipment
The major types of oxygen delivery equipment are oxygen concentrators and liquid oxygen systems. Each method of delivery has different characteristics that make it more or less suitable to specific customer applications.
Oxygen concentrators are stationary units that provide a continuous flow of oxygen by filtering ordinary room air. Customers most commonly use concentrators as their primary source of stationary oxygen. These systems are often supplemented with portable gaseous oxygen cylinders or liquid oxygen systems to meet the ambulatory or emergency needs of the customer.
Liquid oxygen systems are thermally insulated containers of liquid oxygen, generally consisting of a stationary unit and a portable unit, which are most commonly used by customers with significant ambulatory requirements.
Other Respiratory Therapy
Other respiratory therapy services offered by Lincare include the following:
Nebulizers and associated respiratory medications provide aerosol therapy for customers suffering from COPD and asthma.
Continuous positive airway pressure devices maintain open airways in customers suffering from obstructive sleep apnea by providing airflow at prescribed pressures during sleep.
Non-invasive ventilation provides nocturnal ventilatory support for customers with neuromuscular disease and COPD. This therapy improves daytime function and decreases incidence of acute illness.
Ventilators support respiratory function in severe cases of respiratory failure where the customer can no longer sustain the mechanics of breathing without the assistance of a machine.
Home Infusion Therapy
In certain geographic markets, Lincare provides various home infusion therapies, including parenteral nutrition, intravenous antibiotic therapy, enteral nutrition, chemotherapy, dobutamine infusions, immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy, continuous pain management and central catheter management.
Lincare also supplies home medical equipment, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs and other supplies that may be required by its customers.
Lincare Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lincare Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lincare Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lincare Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lincare Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lincare Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LINCARE HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lincare Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lincare Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lincare Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Lincare Holdings Inc. History
Lincare Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lincare Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Lincare Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lincare Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lincare Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lincare Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Lincare Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lincare Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lincare Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lincare Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lincare Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lincare Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lincare Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lincare Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?