- The report contains detailed information about LiDCO Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LiDCO Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LiDCO Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LiDCO Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LiDCO Group plc business.
About LiDCO Group plc
LiDCO Group plc (the Group or the company) was founded in 1991. The Company researches, develops, manufactures and sells medical devices primarily for critical care and cardiovascular risk hospital patients who require real-time cardiovascular monitoring while undergoing major surgery, intensive care or cardiology procedures. The Companys current principal products are a patent protected sensor product (the LiDCO System) and a patent protected monitoring product (the PulseCO System), which when used together provide a range of data concerning the performance of a patient's heart and blood circulation. The Companys products are designed for point-of-care use and are minimally invasive, portable and easy to use at a patient's bedside.
The Company markets its LiDCO and PulseCO Systems in the USA, the UK, and in Continental Europe. Sales in the USA are handled via LiDCOs US branch.
The Companys products offer real-time, beat-to-beat cardiac monitoring; minimally invasive technology, reducing the risk to the patient; and easy-to-use technology to assist clinical staff.
The Company has developed a minimally invasive product, disposables and monitoring equipment which improve the standard of care, reduce the incidence of adverse events and reduce costs.
The LiDCOplus monitor
The LiDCOplus combines the measurement and monitoring features of LiDCO (lithium dilution cardiac output measurement) and PulseCO (real-time cardiovascular monitoring), significantly enhancing ease of use and saving space around the patient.
The LiDCOplus monitor displays a range of real-time continuous hemodynamic parameters, including cardiac output, oxygen delivery and fluid volume status. The chart screen on the LiDCOplus monitor shows the relationship between pressure, flow and resistance in an integral bar chart display. Complex data can be easily interpreted and the necessary patient-corrective actions taken quickly.
The LiDCOplus monitor provides a variety of different modes of displaying data. The monitor shows all information clearly, to provide easy-to-read feedback to clinical staff.
The LiDCO sensor
LiDCO has developed a proprietary lithium sensor using lithium indicator dilution to calculate cardiac output. This is used to calibrate the LiDCOplus monitor.
Lithium chloride solution
The LiDCO sensor is activated by a small dose of lithium chloride, injected via a central venous catheter. The resulting arterial lithium concentration-time curve is recorded by withdrawing blood past the lithium sensor.
On 9 January 2003, approval was received from the FDA (Food and Drug Administration of the USA) for the sale of the LiDCOplus Hemodynamic Monitor in the USA. LiDCOplus is a Hemodynamic Monitor, providing continuous, reliable and accurate assessment of the hemodynamic status of critical care and surgery patients. This is achieved by running two proprietary algorithms: a continuous arterial waveform analysis system (PulseCO) coupled to a single point lithium indicator dilution calibration system (LiDCO).
The Companys customers are hospitals for critical care and cardiovascular patients who require real-time, minimally invasive cardiac monitoring.
The Company offers CM 10 LiDCO Sensor, Flow Through Cell Electrode Assembly; CM10 PAS, Pre-Advanced Sensor LiDCO Sensor, Flow Through Cell Electrode Assembly; CM 20 Disposable Blood Collection Bag & Tube; CM 40-044 Lithium Chloride Injection 0.15mmol/ml Sterile Solution; and CM 50-044 LiDCO Injectate Kit.
Power Cord Option
The Company offers CM 32-044 Power Cord, IEC 3-pin Socket to UK BS1363 Plug, Fused 3 Amp.
Blood Pressure Monitor Cable Assembly Options
The Company offers Li10106 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to BNC Blood Pressure Monitor; Li10107 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Marquette Blood Pressure Monitor; Li10156 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Spacelabs 90470, 90402 & 90305 Blood Pressure Monitors; Li10158 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Datex-Ohmeda S/3 & S/5 Digital & Analog I/O Connector; Li10162 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Agilent HP #C01 Blood Pressure Module; PMS M1006B SALE Philips Invasive Blood Pressure Module; Li10162 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Spacelabs 90601A & 90603A patient Monitors; Li10166 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Datex-Ohmeda M-PT Module; Li10168 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Siemens SC 7000 / 8000 / 9000 Patient Monitors; Li10251 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Agilent M116X Monitoring System with Option J11; Li10282 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Fukuda Denshi Patient Monitor; Li10287 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Datex-Ohmeda S/5 with B-UPI4 fitted; and Li10334 Cable Assembly, PulseCO to Marquette TRAM 451.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIDCO GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIDCO GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIDCO GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIDCO GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIDCO GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LiDCO Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LiDCO Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LiDCO Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LiDCO Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LiDCO Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. LIDCO GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIDCO GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIDCO GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIDCO GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIDCO GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIDCO GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LiDCO Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LiDCO Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LiDCO Group plc Major Shareholders
LiDCO Group plc History
LiDCO Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LiDCO Group plc Offices and Representations
LiDCO Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LiDCO Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LiDCO Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
LiDCO Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
LiDCO Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LiDCO Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LiDCO Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LiDCO Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
LiDCO Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
LiDCO Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LiDCO Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LiDCO Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?