- The report contains detailed information about LCA-Vision Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LCA-Vision Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LCA-Vision Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LCA-Vision Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LCA-Vision Inc. business.
About LCA-Vision Inc.
LCA-Vision Inc. provides fixed-site laser vision correction services at LasikPlus vision centers. The companys vision centers provide the staff, facilities, equipment, and support services for performing laser vision correction procedures that employ laser technologies to help correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
The companys vision centers are supported by independent, board-certified ophthalmologists and optometrists, as well as other health care professionals. The ophthalmologists perform the laser vision correction procedures in its vision centers, and ophthalmologists or optometrists conduct pre-procedure evaluations and post-operative follow-ups in-center. Its patients receive a procedure called laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), which it performs in the United States.
As of March 30, 2010, the company operated 62 LasikPlus fixed-site laser vision correction centers located in larger metropolitan markets in the United States, including 1 vision center licensed to an ophthalmologist to operate using its trademarks.
Types of Procedures
The company provides primarily two types of procedures in its vision centers:
PRK and Surface Ablation: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved PRK for commercial use in the United States. In PRK procedures, the ophthalmologist removes the thin layer of cells covering the outer surface of the cornea (the epithelium) in order to apply the excimer laser pulses directly to the surface of the cornea. Following the PRK procedure, the ophthalmologist places a contact lens bandage on the eye to protect it. Ophthalmologists also perform Epi-LASIK or LASEK, in which a portion of the surface tissue is lifted from the eye prior to laser treatment and then replaced.
LASIK: In LASIK procedures, the companys surgeons use a femtosecond laser to create a thin flap, which remains hinged to the eye. The surgeon then lays back the corneal flap and applies excimer laser pulses to the exposed surface of the cornea to treat the eye according to the patients prescription. The physician then folds the corneal flap back to its original position and inspects it to ensure that it remains secured in position by the natural suction of the cornea. The LASIK procedure allows an ophthalmologist to treat both eyes of a patient during the same visit and produces prompt results, frequently enabling patients to see well postoperatively almost immediately.
The companys suppliers are Abbott Medical Optics (AMO) and Alcon Inc. It depends primarily on AMO and McKesson Corporation to provide with patient interface kits and other disposable items required in LASIK procedures.
Corporate laser vision correction providers, such as LasikPlus, are a specialized type of provider, operating multi-site eye care centers that primarily provide laser vision correction. The company also competes with TLC Vision Corporation.
LCA-Vision Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LCA-VISION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LCA-VISION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LCA-VISION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LCA-VISION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LCA-VISION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LCA-Vision Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LCA-Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LCA-Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LCA-Vision Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LCA-Vision Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LCA-VISION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LCA-VISION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LCA-VISION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LCA-VISION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LCA-VISION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LCA-VISION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LCA-Vision Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LCA-Vision Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LCA-Vision Inc. Major Shareholders
LCA-Vision Inc. History
LCA-Vision Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LCA-Vision Inc. Offices and Representations
LCA-Vision Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LCA-Vision Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LCA-Vision Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
LCA-Vision Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
LCA-Vision Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LCA-Vision Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LCA-Vision Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LCA-Vision Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
LCA-Vision Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
LCA-Vision Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LCA-Vision Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LCA-Vision Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?