- The report contains detailed information about Landauer Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Landauer Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Landauer Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Landauer Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Landauer Inc. business.
About Landauer Inc.
Landauer, Inc. provides technical and analytical services to determine occupational and environmental radiation exposure. The company also provides outsourced medical physics services.
The company operates in two primary business segments, Radiation Monitoring and Medical Physics.
The company provides radiation dosimetry services to hospitals, medical and dental offices, universities, national laboratories, nuclear facilities, and other industries in which radiation poses a potential threat to employees. Its services include the manufacture of various types of radiation detection monitors, the distribution and collection of the monitors to and from customers, and the analysis and reporting of exposure findings. These services are provided to approximately 1.6 million individuals globally. In addition to providing analytical services, the company may lease or sell dosimetry detectors and reading equipment to customers that want to manage their own dosimetry programs, or into smaller international markets in which it is not economical to establish a direct service.
In November 2009, the company acquired Gammadata Matteknik AB (GDM), a Swedish provider of radon measurement services. GDM provides measurement services throughout the Scandinavian region and Europe. In October 2009, the company acquired a dosimetry service in Sweden, called Landauer Persondosimetri AB (PDM).
The company's medical physics services are provided through the company's Global Physics Solutions, Inc. (GPS) subsidiary. GPS is a nationwide service provider of clinical physics support, equipment commissioning, and accreditation support and imaging equipment testing. Clinical physics support is provided by medical physicists, who are either imaging or therapeutic physicists. Imaging physicists are concerned primarily with the radiation delivered by imaging equipment, image quality and compliance with safe practices in nuclear pharmacies. Therapeutic physicists are concerned with the safe delivery of radiation in cancer treatment. Additionally, in June 2010, the company, through its GPS subsidiary, completed the acquisition of the assets of Upstate Medical Physics (UMP), a provider of imaging physics services in upstate New York.
Products and Services
The company offers its service for measuring the dosages of x-ray, gamma radiation and other penetrating ionizing radiations to which the wearer has been exposed, primarily through badges, which contain optically stimulated luminescent (OSL) material, which are worn by customer personnel. This technology is marketed under the trade names Luxel+ and InLight.
The company's InLight dosimetry system provides in-house and commercial laboratories with the ability to provide in-house radiation monitoring services using optically stimulated luminescent (OSL) technology. InLight services may involve a customer acquiring or leasing dosimetry devices, as well as analytical reading equipment from the company. The InLight system allows customers the flexibility to tailor their precise dosimetry needs.
The company's operations also include services for the measurement and monitoring of radon gas. It offers a service, targeted to corporate employee relocation programs, which provides radon monitoring and, when necessary, remediation to purchasers of personal residences. The company assists with remediation services on properties where radon measurements exceed a specified threshold. Its other radiation measurement-related services provide administrative and informational tools to customers for the management of their radiation safety programs.
Marketing and Sales
The company's dosimetry services are marketed in the United States and Canada. Its non-domestic services are marketed through its wholly owned subsidiaries operating in the United Kingdom, France, and Sweden, as well as its venture in Japan and its consolidated subsidiaries in Brazil, Australia, Mexico, and China.
The company's InLight dosimetry system enables certain customers to make their own measurements using OSL technology. InLight is marketed to domestic and international radiation measurement laboratories found at nuclear power plants, military installations, the Department of Homeland Security, national research laboratories, and commercial services. Radon gas detection kits are marketed directly by the company primarily to institutional customers and government agencies. The HomeBuyer's Preferred Radon Protection Plan service agreement is marketed directly by Landauer to companies and to their corporate relocation service providers for the benefit of purchasers of residences incident to transfers of personnel.
The company's medical physics outsourced services are marketed to hospitals and free-standing cancer centers or free-standing imaging centers primarily in the Midwest, New York, and Texas.
The companys major competitor is Global Dosimetry Solutions, a division of Mirion Technologies.
Landauer, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LANDAUER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LANDAUER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LANDAUER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LANDAUER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LANDAUER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Landauer Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Landauer Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Landauer Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Landauer Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Landauer Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LANDAUER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LANDAUER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LANDAUER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LANDAUER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LANDAUER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LANDAUER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Landauer Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Landauer Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Landauer Inc. Major Shareholders
Landauer Inc. History
Landauer Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Landauer Inc. Offices and Representations
Landauer Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Landauer Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Landauer Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Landauer Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Landauer Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Landauer Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Landauer Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Landauer Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Landauer Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Landauer Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Landauer Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Landauer Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?