- The report contains detailed information about Kensey Nash Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kensey Nash Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kensey Nash Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kensey Nash Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kensey Nash Corporation business.
About Kensey Nash Corporation
Kensey Nash Corporation, a medical device company, engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and processing of proprietary medical devices, which include resorbable biomaterials products, such as synthetic polymers and collagen. The company has a range of products, which are sold in multiple medical markets, including cardiology, orthopaedic, sports medicine, spinal, and general surgery.
The company primarily focuses on the field of regenerative medicine, which is the application of devices, materials, and other therapies to help repair damaged or diseased tissues. As of June 30, 2010, the company manufactured and sold approximately 4.5 million resorbable product units representing approximately 230 commercialized products to strategic partners and customers.
The company has specialized in resorbable biomaterials, meaning biomaterials that are absorbed over time and allow the bodys natural tissue to take their place. Its biomaterials technology has potential for use in the controlled release of biologically active agents, including drugs, cells, and growth factors.
Biomaterials Product Lines and Product Applications
The company focuses on commercializing an array of products used in the orthopaedic markets, including the sports medicine and spinal markets, and supporting the Angio-Seal product line in the vascular closure market. It also commercialized its extracellular matrix (ECM) products in the general surgery market. It has commercialized biomaterials products for other market applications, such as diagnostic oncology and dentistry.
Orthopaedic Market Products
The company has commercialized various products for the orthopaedic applications of biomaterials. Applications in the orthopaedic market for its biomaterials products include soft tissue and bone fixation, bone void fillers, and scaffolds.
Soft Tissue and Bone Fixation: The companys biomaterials products are designed to replace metallic devices used in the fixation and repair of musculoskeletal tissues. The primary application for its biomaterials in the sports medicine arena is soft tissue fixation. Soft tissue fixation includes the repair of tendons and ligaments in the knee, such as the anterior cruciate ligament; in the shoulder, such as the rotator cuff; and in the extremities. The company manufactures products, such as suture anchors, interference screws, and reinforcement materials for these applications from resorbable synthetic polymers and synthetic polymer/ceramic composites. It also manufactures pins, plates, and screws of various designs for repair of the small bones of the extremities, for certain applications in the spine, and for other orthopaedic trauma applications.
Bone Void Fillers and Scaffolds: Synthetic bone void fillers are being used as alternatives to autograft (bone harvested from another area of the patients body) or allograft (bone harvested from cadavers). The company has developed or co-developed different bone void fillers, synthetic bone graft substitutes, for use in various clinical applications. The company has fabricated these products from collagen, collagen/ceramic composites, synthetic polymers, and synthetic/ceramic composite biomaterials.
Cardiovascular Market Products: The company has developed the original Angio-Seal device, a vascular closure device, and manufactured two of the key resorbable components of the Angio-Seal device. The collagen plug and the polymer anchor components form the basis for the resorbable implant that acts to seal a hole in the artery, created during a catheterization procedure, and are critical to the functionality of the Angio-Seal device.
General Surgery Market Products: The company has commercialized with its partner, Synthes, Inc., its ECM product, a porcine dermis surgical mesh used for abdominal wall reconstruction, breast reconstruction, and select head and neck plastic surgery repair. In addition, it manufactures resorbable carriers for breast biopsy markers for the Ethicon Endo-Surgery Breast Care unit, which was acquired by Devicor Medical Products, Inc.
Other Biomaterials Market Applications: The company develops
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kensey Nash Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kensey Nash Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kensey Nash Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kensey Nash Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kensey Nash Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KENSEY NASH CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kensey Nash Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kensey Nash Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kensey Nash Corporation Major Shareholders
Kensey Nash Corporation History
Kensey Nash Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kensey Nash Corporation Offices and Representations
Kensey Nash Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kensey Nash Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kensey Nash Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Kensey Nash Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Kensey Nash Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kensey Nash Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kensey Nash Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kensey Nash Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Kensey Nash Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Kensey Nash Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kensey Nash Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kensey Nash Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?