- The report contains detailed information about IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. business.
About IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc.
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. provides hospitalist services in the United States. Through its affiliated hospitalists, the company provides, manages, and coordinates the care of hospitalized patients and serve as the inpatient partner of primary care physicians and specialists, allowing them to focus their time and resources on their office based practices or their specialties. It also provides its affiliated hospitalists with the infrastructure, information management systems, specialized training programs, and administrative support necessary to perform these services.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys 1,036 affiliated hospitalists, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, provided hospitalist solutions at approximately 475 hospitals and other inpatient facilities in 21 states. Collectively, its affiliated hospitalists work with approximately 33,000 referring physicians and 3,100 health plans. The company provides a solution of clinical and management experience, proprietary technology and care to healthcare constituents.
The company provides its affiliated hospitalists with administrative and professional services to support their practice of medicine.
Information Management System: The company provides its affiliated hospitalists with access to IPC-Link through its Web-based Virtual Office portal to support their clinical, administrative and communications needs. IPC-Link enables its affiliated hospitalists to view and record important patient data, and allows hospitalists in a practice group to share patient information as needed. Additionally, the technology enables its affiliated hospitalists to communicate directly to its clinical call center, risk management, and compliance departments.
Transition Management: The company uses IPC-Link to create customized surveys for patients who are discharged to home from an inpatient facility. To assist in monitoring and documenting the patients discharge or transition to outpatient care, IPC-Link provides its call center with patient information and follow-up instructions. The companys system provides for its call center staff of patient representatives and nurses to contact the discharged patient, usually within 48 hours of discharge to home, to discuss the patients ability to understand post-discharge instructions, obtain prescribed medication, schedule an appointment with a primary care physician, and fulfill other health-related post-discharge needs. The companys system enables it to identify a patients post-discharge medical issues on a near real-time basis, coordinate care with the appropriate care provider, improve outcomes, lower the re-admission rate into inpatient facilities, and decrease its medical malpractice risk.
Regional Management: The companys regional executive directors and their staffs provide its affiliated hospitalists with direct, day-to-day access to an experienced management team that is familiar with the opportunities and challenges faced by hospitalists in a particular region.
Recruiting: The company has a staff of recruiting professionals who are regionally assigned to source, screen and provide candidates to each of its local markets.
Training: The company has developed training programs and tools for its newly hired hospitalists and its tenured affiliated hospitalists. Its newly hired hospitalists are required to enroll in its new-hire training program prior to treating patients. The new-hire training program emphasizes the role of the hospitalist in the clinical care team and provides training on billing and medical record documentation, compliance, risk management and other related topics regarding hospitalist practices. The company provides continuing medical education programs for its existing affiliated hospitalists that are designed to improve the skills of its affiliated hospitalists in key areas, including clinical, risk management and compliance. It sponsors local and national retreats for its affiliated hospitalists. Additionally, the company uses the automated reporting capabilities of IPC-Link to allow its affiliated hospitalists to compare and benchmark pe
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IPC THE HOSPITALIST COMPANY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Major Shareholders
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. History
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Offices and Representations
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?